19

AMARA SAT in the transport with many others that were aboard. Leia sat next to her and rested her hand on her daughter's knee.

"What is it, dear?" Leia asks.

Amara looks at her mother, "I think- I think there might still be good in him." She shakes her head, "I know it sounds crazy, but a lot has happened."

Leia nods, "I'm aware." She says.

Amara frowns, "I've been contacted by him, mom. I don't know how or who is doing it." She says, "It started before you were- you know."

Leia reached over and held onto her hand.

"We bantered back and forth," She says, "Arguing. It sort of felt familiar and yet not at the same time."

Amara looks at Poe, who was still unconscious. Amara had the frown still on her face, she shakes her head before turning to her mother.

"He's on board the Star Destroyer," Amara says, "I think Rey is too."

Leia's eyes widen, "Are you sure?"

"I know his presence. I know well enough to sense now," Amara says, "But Rey on the other hand, no. I just know it's Ben and I can only think is Rey."

Leia nods, "I see."

"Do you think that he might-?" Amara starts to ask.

But before Amara could continue on her train of thought, she glanced to Poe. A second before he stirred, she knew she was coming to. Poe opened his eyes and rose from the bed he was on.

"No. No." Poe says moving to the window to look out at the Raddus, "No, no!"

Leia looks at him, "Poe," She says.

Poe's eyes drift to Leia and sees Amara next to her. He turns to the window again and looks at the planet in their sights.

"What is that?" Poe asks.

Larma D'Arcy stepped next to him, "The mineral planet, Crait. An uncharted hideout from the days of the Rebllion." She says.

Poe glanced back at them, "That's a Rebel base?" He asks.

Larma kept her gaze on him, "Abandoned, but heavily armored with enough power to get a distress singal to our allies scattered in the Outer Rim." She says.

Poe glanced at Leia. She motioned for him to sit down next to her, Amara scooted over and Leia did as well. She gave Poe space to sit on the right side of Leia. Leia was in the middle between Poe and Amara.

"Holdo knew the First Order was tracking our big ship." Leia says, "They're not monitoring for little transports."

It clicked for Poe.

"So we could slip down to the surface unnoticed and hide til the First Order passes. That could work." Poe says.

Leia looks at Poe and Poe looks at Leia. She rests her hands on top of Poe's hand.

"She was more interested in protecting the light than she was seeming like a hero," Leia says, "Her methods may have kept you in the dark but she had good intentions."

Amara's eyes dart to the window. She got up and moved to the window. She looked at the Raddus and then to the Star Destroyer. She winced and put her hands on her head.

"Amara-?" Poe got up.

Amara felt his hands on her shoulders and saw the concern in his eyes, she glanced behind him and saw her mom on her feet. Vira stood next to Kaydel, both girls looked to Amara with concern.