14

REY SAT on her bed. She had just woken up from her slumber. The young woman rubbed her eyes and then halted. Sensing something. No something. She looked around. She was on high alert. She knew this presence, she knew it well enough. She looked around until finally, it was like her eyes landed on someone. Once she felt he could see her as well, Rey couldn't reached for her blaster and fired at the wall.

She sat there, breathing heavily, anxious. She held her blaster still firm in her hand, pointing aim at the wall to strike it again. Although, she stared at her target, the wall, has a newly fresh hole in it. She drops the blaster on her mattress and ran out of the hut. She didn't get too far when she still sensed him again.

She turned around and she saw him. Kylo Ren. On a Star Destroyer hallway. But, he wasn't physically here, on the island, this was something was not familiar with.

Kylo Ren extends his hand, "You'll bring Luke Skywalker to me."

Rey doesn't comply. She doesn't move. She merely just stares at Kylo Ren, somehow seeing him from across the galaxy.

Kylo Ren lowers his hand, "You're not doing this. The effort would kill you." He says.

Rey still says nothing. Whereas, Kylo Ren was slightly impressed. He turned around in the hallway before turning back to address Rey.

"Can you see my surroundings?" Kylo Ren asks.

Rey glares, "You're going to pay for what you did!"

"I can't see yours. Just you." Kylo Ren looks at her, "So no. This is something else."

Rey is nearly startled by the sound of a door opening. It was Luke. Rey turns her head in the direction.

"Luke," Kylo Ren says.

Rey looks back at the direction of Kylo Ren, only hearing a muffled coming from Luke. She turns around to the former Jedi and heard his question.

"What's that about?" Luke asks.

Rey noticed he was pointing to the hole in her hut, "I was cleaning my blaster." Rey says, "It went off."

{THE LAST JEDI}

LYING WAS not something Amara found quite easy.

"Commander Solo," Vice Admiral Holdo addressed in the bridge, "How is Captain Dameron?"

Amara saw some eyes on her. Some of her fellow colleagues she had worked with since she was fifteen were looking in her and Vice Admiral's direction.

Amara shakes her head, "He is sulking, ma'am." She says.

Holdo looked at Amara stiffly and nods, "I see."

Amara nods, "He was with my mother at her bedside, but told me he was going to his quarters to freshen up."

Amara watched the Vice Admiral turn from her. Amara wasn't sure if she had been caught in the lie. Amara's eyes slowly drift to Connix, who did not believe Amara's claims at all.

Holdo nods, "Very well," She smiles at Amara, "You are dismissed, Commander Solo. I am certain you want to be at your mother's side right now."

Amara nods, "Yes, ma'am."

Amara glanced briefly at Connix before leaving the bridge.

She walked down the halls leading to the medic in a quick pace. After her second chat with her brother, she felt a little on edge and it didn't help that she was alright with lying to the highest ranking member of the Resistance at the moment. Amara walked into the room that housed her unconscious mother. Amara found herself sitting by her mother's bedside. She reached out and held onto her mother's hand. Leia looked so weak, so unlike herself.