95

AMARA WALKED into an elevator. She watched as the doors slowly close behind her with a quiet hum. She pressed a button and the elevator moved with ease.

Courscant had become a new home for the young woman. She had spent six months training her new recruits and establishing something whole at the Jedi Temple. Although, her reasoning for leaving the temple to pay a visit to the politicians had nothing to do with her business, well it did to an extend.

The elevator door opened.

She exhales and takes a step out.

Amara growing tired of the tradition that Jedi must wear robes and wear cloaks around always, does not enforce that on her students. Ben finds it so disrespectful, and Amara could care less what her brother says. She wore what made her feel comfortable and to Ben it was too, "Resistance"  like.

She wore a grey shirt with a black leather jacket over top, black tight pants, black boots, and her sabers attached to her belt.

Amara halted for a moment and turned to the elevator.

"R2," Amara calls, "Come on."

The blue and white astro mech beeped and followed her out.

As Amara walked idly down the corridors to one specific direction, she did get looks. A few senators muttering to others who she was. A few respectfully ignoring her.

"Jedi Master Dameron," A voice called out.

Amara halted and turned to address to speaker.

She turns to see Torrin.

Torrin was dressed as a New Republic pilot, well the dressed uniform. He was missing his flight suit.

Amara turns to him with a small smile.

"Torrin," She says, "The navy seems to suit you."

Torrin laughs a little, "Better than politics would've." He ruffles his hand through his hair.

Amara smile remains at ease, "How have you been?" She asks.

Torrin held a small smile, "Good. We've been business. I haven't had the chance to return to home in a long time." He says, "My commander has been keeping me busy."

Amara nods, "I bet he has."

Torrin gestures down the corridor, "If you're looking for-,"

Amara glanced to where he was pointing and turns to face him again.

"I know my way," She says.

Torrin nods, "Of course, Jedi Master."

Amara held her hand up, "Please drop the formalities. I'm still the woman you knew back in the war."

Torrin shakes his head, "I hate to disagree with you, ma'am, but you really aren't. You've changed. I don't know exactly when or how, but you're different."

Amara offers a small grin, "Marriage will do that." She lightly jokes.

Torrin chuckles at that, "Oh yeah. The old man wants me to settle down soon." He says, "I feel like that's the only reason he calls anymore."

Amara shakes her head, "He misses you."

Torrin nods, "Ye- Yeah. I miss him too."

Amara and Torrin had a moment of silence between them.

"Anyways, I ought to be going. It was nice seeing you again." Torrin says.

Amara smiles, "Same. Take care of yourself, Torrin." She says.