36

FEELING PAIN was beginning to become familiar to Amara. Her family shattering. Her father's death. Her brother's betrayal. Her torture. Her boyfriend's injury. Amara sat on a chair in the makeshift medical tent on the remains of the base. Her eyes glued to Poe. He was still unconscious, but from what she was told the medical droid had stopped any life threatening concerns from the blast. For now he was resting.

Amara clenched her hands into fists. She felt ashamed.

She wanted to just get rid of her brother, not just for killing their father but for knowing about her vision. He has the information and if he was able to find this planet and this man before the Resistance, well who knows what could happen. She was too caught up in her own selfish ideas that she risked more than she should've. She risked the team who came to save her. She risked Poe's life. It made Amara sick thinking about that.

Amara's eyes dart from Poe to the outside of the tent. Outside she heard the voices of Leia. Her mother was explaining to Rex how they can't retake the city for them, not at all of their current situation. The Resistance's numbers were fleeting and after the attack by the First Order so was the people on the base. Leia was offering to any if they wanted to join the Resistance. It was a gesture and she had hoped to gain some allies.

Amara's eyes move to her hands and squeezed tighter. She felt her nails digging into the palm of her hands. She closed her eyes and listened as Leia's voice began to drift away, she was walking away from the tent. Amara opened her eyes and glance to the entrance of the tent, no one was standing out there. Amara glanced at Poe briefly, before she got up and left the tent.

{RISE OF SKYWALKER}

THEY NOTICED Amara left the medical tent as soon as she had left. Leia leaned against the command table and frowns. Her hands resting on the table.

Rey looks at Leia, "She isn't too far off," Rey spoke, "I can go get her."

Leia shakes her head, "Knowing Amara, she's sitting alone to be lost in her thoughts. She'll come back when she's ready."

Rey nods.

"Kes is still with Poe?" Leia asks glancing at Rey.

Rey nods, "Yes, ma'am." She tells Leia, "Finn has headed over to check on him too."

Leia nods.

Rey steps next to Leia and looks at the older woman.

"Are we going to be leaving Lothal?" Rey asks.

Leia nods, "As much as I hate leaving these people defenseless," She sighs, "We don't have the resources to help them the way we'd want to."

Rey nods silently.

"Not only that but the First Order knows we're here. They are aware of how little our numbers are since Crait." Leia says, "It would be wise to take our people and head to a new planet."

"To Ajan Kloss?" Rey asks.

Leia nods, "The sooner the better."

{RISE OF SKYWALKER}

THE WIND blew in Amara's hair. She always found comfort in that. Her knees up against her chest, despite some discomfort from the pain of her injuries. She looked forward at the city. She felt a sting of pain, causing her to wince and lower her legs from her chest. The young woman just criss-crosses her legs and frowns.

"We should've just left." Amara says, "Rey would've found a way out. How could she not?"

Amara frowns deeper and shakes her head.