Chapter 2

That women...

The spider..

Why was she so familliar..?

Naraku cursed to himself. He had been sitting in a back room of his castle alone and in silence thinking about the entire situtaion he had managed to leave. She had His heart beating faster just at her voice alone.. than had somehow managed to get his own inner demon heart to thump a new beat of life. 

Yet it confused him..

His heart had thumped as if she were Kikyo.

Which she definately wasn't.

So why...?

Why did the petty thief inside want to see her? And why the hell did he actually agree with him for the first time in his life? He wanted to see that woman again.

"Who is she besides the spider queen?"

~

"You've got some explaining to do" (Y/n) immediately stated, popping up out of nowhere before Sesshomary with a not so happy expression on her face.

"What is it?"

"Why haven't you told me about this demon.. Naraku?"

He stiffened mid step before turning her way in slight surprise despite the still emotionless look on his face.

"Where did you hear of him?" he asked, honestly curious now,

His hunt might have an actual location along with a very stressed spider now.

"He dropped by for a visit to which I left him wrapped in my webs for a bit only to have Jaken and Rin tell me he'd gone after both Rin herself and Kagome and has been quite a pain to you and your brother."

"And?"

"All said people he's driving mad are all the people I care for most in the world. I was locked away in my own forest. Disconnected from everything outside the tree line. You were the only one to come and visit. So why didn't you tell me. I could've maybe done something to help."

Without a word he started walking again. Because you are my friend.. and I knew you'd blame yourself for not being able to protect both your mistress and Rin as well as him. That was that. It was simple. She'd been by his side forever. Literally. Her mother had been best friends with his father, Got along with his mother as well, and tried helping his father protect his human mate. (Y/n) had been with him since the beginning. Despite wanting to deny the fact he did consider her a close friend and knew basically her entire personality from darkest times to light. Along with every secret she held.

"Sesshomaru.. if you're trying to protect me we both know I'll get into some sort of trouble either way. I have the worse luck with both humans and gods who hate me all for you know why." she sighed, before looking around. "Where are Rin and them now?"

"A-Un has both of them right now. Jaken told me of your leave already so I decided to stay here until you came back."

(Y/n) gave a nod, suddenly feeling tired.

"I see, well I'm going to go sleep with Rin then." she said, walking passed his now again blank self. She turned her head to him expectangly. "Come on Fluffy, you're my pillow remember"

He merely stared before grumbling softly to himself and going on to walk with her as she giggled. No one but her could make him act like this. No one but her could make him talk so much. No one but her understood him so well. And no one but her could actually laugh at him without fear of death along with Rin.