Chapter 6

Years later...

"I- I can't do this.. Naraku" she stuttured slightly, taking a heasitant step back not wanting to leave his grasp at all, as she thought over the reasons she had to do this. "Your father killed mine.. and I know that isn't your fault, but my mother needs me more than ever right now.. And if she catches us.. in the past she might have let it slip, but now, she won't heasitate to kill you.. I ca-"

"I know the risks.. but please, don't leave me behind again. I'd die a thousand times over if I could continue to have you as my friend.. to not be alone again. To not lose you again. I've already lost Sesshomaru and you once. You were the only one to come back.. please. Don't leave again" he said, clenching his fists and struggling not to break down and beg.

He knew she was scared and upset and he knew her mother would be even more protective of her.. but this wasn't just for himself, he knew Sesshomary rarily ever came anymore and when he did he didn't talk much. She was as alone as he was, with even more pressure and stress on her shoulders than before.

"....I can't. This is for your own good, Naraku. Your father's already been going harder on you just because he thinks you're hanging out around me.. Our lives aren't just ours... I wish they were. Trust me when I say I wish they were. But that's no-"

He finally cut her off again by quickly pulling her to his chest and pressing his lips to hers. And with every emotion and ounce of passion he felt along with determination and longing he kissed her. At first she did nothing, still in shock before closing her own eyes and kissing back just as passionately. He kept his grip on her tight, but made sure she wasn't squished or uncomfortable.

He'd finally done it.. kissed the girl.. the woman he'd been in love with since they were young kids.. and it was amazing to finally go on with it. The sensation beyond what he could've ever imagine all until she broke away in surprise and confusion as she finally realized what had just happened.

"Naraku.. what.. just happened..? ....Why?" She felt conflicted and confused. She'd had feelings for him before and made sure to hide them well from all including herself. She knew this was dangerous. She knew this wouldn't be a good idea.. She knew they'd get caught.... Yet she wanted to kiss him again. Wanted to stay where she was in his arms where she felt safe enough to let go if only slightly. Another part of her however.. was telling her it was just to get her to stop rambling on.. which she'd understand either way.

"Listen to me when I say this.. (Y/n). You're worth it. Always will be. I've longed to do that for decades now and I was such a coward until now. Please, My Queen. Stay with me. As just friends or more. Either way as long as we can still be together in some way. I feel like if I lose you now that's it.. " he said quietly, almost muttering near the end.

The tip of his nose slightly grazing the top of her head as he stared down at her. Waiting for any kind of response.

She sighed, wrapped her arms around his neck and tucking her head to his neck.

"You'll never lose me.. Never. I couldn't imagine my life without you. You've kept me going up to now."

~

It took a couple more months before she finally let go of her fear and let herself fall. He successfully caught her and there they were now, walking together under the cherry blosoms along the path to the cove. Though she flinched away at first she finally relaxed to the feeling of his arm around her. It was warm and brought back many memories as well as laughs from when they were kids.

"You've never told me the reason you're so jumpy when it comes to touch..?"  he stated questionally curious,

She shrugged