Chapter 5

"I can't believe you sometimes.." (Y/n) grumbled, shooting a web from her pointer finger to the blade in his hand and flinging it off towards she didn't even know where.

He laughed

"What..? I had to make sure it was you in some way. That was the first thing that came to mind" he shrugged, before rubbing his now bright red cheek. "Never knew you could still hit so hard though..."

She grinned cheekily

"It's what you get for holding a goddamn blade to my neck!"

"Of course... you always were violent.." He said, watching her carefully now as she took a deep breath.

"Look here buddy... You were the one who always started it!" she growled,  before looking him over again and pouting. "Damn it... I used to be the tallest and now both of you are like.. a foot taller than me now.. That's sad.."

He rolled his eyes, swinging his arm around her and lead her towards where they both were trying to go before the crash in. You see.. all three still went down to the cove any time they could to relax and hide from their responsibilities. This was just the first time it happened that any of them had arrived at the same time.

She quickly flinched away from him causing his eyes to widen.

"Woah.. I know we might not have seen each other in a while.. but it's not like I'll hurt you"

She kept her distance by a couple feet.

"It's not that... Don't worry.. it's not important" she sighed, walking on her own now towards their destination.

"Hey! If anything I should be the one flinching away from you! You freaking slapped me!" he whined, trailing beside her.

"Uh huh.. and who was the first one to pose a threat to the other.. Or was that blade apart of my imagination?"

"I see your point..."

. . .

"So.. How's the dog doing nowadays...?" Naraku asked, curiously looking to the woman who sat silently on the old plush pillow bag with paints by her side and a brush in hand.

He himself was polishing off his katana for the joy of it.

She hummed

"Don't exactly know.. haven't seen him in almost a year. Though a smile is something that he no longer knows how to give. Doesn't seem able to laugh either. He's really independent now.. no longer reads anything of his old collection or talks much to others. He's also completely tranformed into a dog demon now as well." she sighed, swirling black intricate design near the edge of her nearly finished painting.

He nodded

"That's kind of surprising. When we were kids he always loved reading... he might of been the most serious between the three of us, but he always laughed with -or at- us. Good for him I guess though.. transforming isn't the easiest thing to do.. What about you? How've you been so far?" he then asked,

She shrugged, not knowing of what else to do.

"Looking over defences.. Being trained into fighting.. Learning to be a proud queen and good leader.. Not a lot of free time or freedom at all really... Tired.. That's how I've been. You?"

"Mostly combat training. My asshole of a father can only wish for more control over me and 'his' forest."

(Y/n) nodded, smiling down at her painting in amusement to his words.