Epilogue

"It really has been so long~
Queen of Spiders.. our battle was rememberable, to say the least, I must admit that you would have no doubt bested me if you were in better conditions.
And son. My very own son.. The one who killed me with his own mother's magic. A double-edged sword really."

The voice came from the darkness surrounding the shrine. Darkness that began to surround them.. until it was only the three of them. (Y/n), Naraku, and the presence that without thought could be recognized as Kurai.

It wouldn't have mattered if the others had decided against their wishes to fight this fight. Kurai wanted them alone. And finally, as everything turned black around them to make it seem as if they were in an empty void, a man appeared. A very familiar-looking man. Familiar white hair.. familiar Silver eyes.. yet their gaze stared ahead with craze and blood lust instead of their usual comfort.

(Y/n) froze, eyes wide and body back to being tense.

"What... I-"

"Angel Bodies don't rot or decay to be left with only their bones. Their bodies stay healthy and turn warm instead of staying cold. Instead of their bodies being returned to the earth, it's their souls that do instead leaving their bodies in such conditions of being frozen in time. Truly fascinating don't you think? My body has long ago been rotted away to leave nothing but bones, so here we are."

A growl broke away from Naraku's throat.

"What is it, son? It's not as if this body hasn't been defiled with darkness already.. I mean. Look at these feathers. They're darker than the darkest hour of the night." the voice continued to taunt, the lips of her father not moving with the flow of words.

(Y/n) shook her head. Seeing her own father like this. A living corpse of someone she used to love glaring at her in such a hungry haze for revenge.

"Us dying over and over because of you isn't enough?" She finally spoke, her fists clenching. "I almost killed you once and Naraku did kill you once... now how many times have you tried to kill both of us and succeeded in the end. Made our lives miserable. You killed my father and his mother. Tortured him whenever you could and both tried to force my mother into a blood bond and kidnapped me... Yet you still want revenge........"

She was growling by then, grip on the hilt of her katana tightening more and more as her body grew more stiff with a build-up of raw energy filled with anger. One step. She promised herself. He took one step near Naraku who was standing 7 feet away from her. She'd snap. One swipe. One hit. And the fight would truly begin..

Not seconds later she stood in front of Naraku, her hand holding the blade out at her side pointing up. The tip dripped silver blood from the wound in Kurai's stomach. She wouldn't let appearances distract her.

She calmed down from her sudden adrenalin high when a hand landed on her shoulder.

"Calm down. We both know blinding anger does no good in a fight such as this."

She nodded, sensing the movements as he stepped up beside her, looking at her side with a raised brow.

When she realized what he was waiting for she looked away sheepishly, taking his sword from her hip.

"Sorry.. it's become a habit at this point.." she shrugged, getting into a proper stance as the corner of his lip turned up slightly.

"Of course it has."

...

Clash!

Three blades hit each other at the same time and (Y/n) couldn't help but be thankful once she saw that Kurai was using his own Katana instead of her fathers.