Chapter 8

"Izayoi! Mother, what's going on!?" (Y/n) quickly asked in seeing the dark haired woman appear out of nowhere along with her mother holding the babe she knew she'd been pregnant with only a couple months before hand.

Izayoi, still panting slightly quickly offered the spider a small smile before gently handing over the white haired babe she held with little ears.

"Please.. Take care of him for tonight and keep Sesshomaru at bay for now. I need to take her to the healers." her mother quickly spoke, as the new mother only gave a kiss to her babies forehead.

"I trust you, (Y/n). Just for a couple hours, there are some things we need to discuss." she spoke gently, "His name is...

Inuyasha"

"Toga's gone... I think it'd be best if you look after your brother as well." Lady Yosei suggested briefly before grabbing the woman in a gentle hold before they disapeared once more.

(Y/n) blinked at the spot they vanished at before looking down to the sleeping half demon with a sigh.

"You can come out now.. It's amusing to know you're still terrified of my mother even after she's accepted you into the family." she chuckled, looking behind her to see the other half demon pop his head from behind a near by truck.

"She tried killing me to see if I was worthy of her daughter. She tried killing me! I'm a little heasitant still. As for Sesshomaru." he hummed, looking down to the little one she held. "I'll look after the babe, you go find him and calm him down before he gets the chance to kill this little guy."

(Y/n) nodded, handing the boy over, leaving a quick kiss to her half demon's cheek.

"You're right. He can barely stand you and you're one of his best friends." she chuckled quietly, disappearing to follow the invisible force of webs she and her mother used to keep track of the people they cared about. If the webs went slack, it meant a life force was completely gone. If they tightened, it meant they were seeking for help of some sort.

She followed hers until she found him staring off into the distance on a high up cliff. She appeared beside him in an instant. He made no gesture of acknowlegdment. (Y/n) sighed, sitting down near his feet to lean slightly towards his leg. She waited for a few moments, not long before he sat down as well to wrap an arm around her as usual.

"I'm assuming the woman and his infant survived because of Lady Yosei?" he questioned, if only a little bitterness in his tone.

"My mother is taking care of Izayoi at the moment as Naraku looks over the child and as I look after you. So..?" she waited,

A grumble in response caused her to giggle slightly.

"Your father died saving the woman he loved and your new born half brother. I know you care little for either but.. he's still your younger brother. One that no longer has a father to learn from. His mother, the kind woman, as we both know is human. She won't be able to keep up with his lifespan as dark as it sounds.." she then sighed, looking over the cliff that looked over the village where the great dog demon had died not too long ago.

Another grumble.. then a sigh that caused her to smile as she looked over to see his expression a little less stone cold.