Chapter 4- Wes

4

Wes

Eden.

Her name is Eden.

Eden Rhodes.

In this morning's orientation that I purposely showed up late to because I took my sweet ass time crawling out of bed, getting dressed and eating a well-balanced breakfast to get through this grueling ass day, I chose not to pay attention.

I was too preoccupied with my conversation with Stew short for Steward, my best friend since grade school, with questions about last Friday night and the three mysterious women that I'd woken up to; and more importantly I wanted him to find those same three women for a repeat tonight. So, when Noah, the Human Resources Director paired me up with someone named Eden, I thought I was stuck with some pimpled faced recent college grad who was going to be too excited to work with me; Mr. Wesley Connor Jr. himself.

People saw me as an angle, an ally to get into my fathers' company. Which was another reason why I didn't want this advertising position. I would've been more comfortable stuck in an office, crunching numbers or some shit, alone, for eight hours a day than to deal with the schmoozing and the bullshit that would come with people wanting to climb the corporate ladder and thinking that the way to do that was to befriend me.

It wasn't.

Besides I didn't give a shit about anyone's goals and dreams besides my own. And right now, forcefully, my fucking goal was to get through the next six months without having to put in any damn work whatsoever and barely showing my damn face in the office. It's going to be a challenge, but it wasn't undoable, and this poor Eden person, unfortunately for him, was going to get stuck with double the work of whatever advertisement associates do. Because I didn't plan to lift a fucking finger.

As we all leave the auditorium, my eyes land on a woman whose big brown eyes and pouty lips made me do a double take. She was beautiful with jet black hair, bronze tanned silky skin, high cheekbones, perfect tits, toned legs, and a peach shaped ass that made my dick stand at attention, almost forgetting where I was. I eagerly soaked in every inch of her curves from her glossed covered lips to her shapely round ass.

I hadn't missed the stares that I'd been receiving from the other women around me, after all I was used to it, but what I did miss was the absence of her curiosity in me. Call me a cocky asshole but did she not see me? Did she not know who I was? I'm Wesley Connor fucking Junior, everyone sees me.

Before I could label her married or a woman who swings with her own sex, she quickly glances in my direction, and I notice the small freckles around her nose and high cheek bones and I all but lunge at her. Her looks are exotic, and I'm having a difficult time pinpointing her ethnicity. She is the most beautiful woman that I've ever had the pleasure of laying my eyes on and I couldn't help but to want to know more.

I need to get near her, my curiosity peeked high.

She's at the front of the group, and because I'm calculated I lag behind. Partly because I really don't give a shit about the damn tour since I'd practically grew up in the Connor towers and there isn't a square inch of this building that I'm not familiar with and partly because I want to get a look at the ass of the woman in the tight as hell baby blue skirt.

As everyone files into the service elevator, stepping as far back as possible to make room for everyone, I make sure that I get on last and just as I expected she's standing at the front of the group, next to Faith. I finally step on and stand directly next to my prize. The elevator doors close, and I stand close enough to touch her but not close enough to give anyone around us a show. I need to play this out with precision. I don't want to scare her, especially when my goal is to have my face buried between her thighs once the duration of these next six months was over.

As our shoulders brush up against one another, I can hear her breath catching in her throat and I know that she can feel this unspoken chemistry between us too. I catch a glimpse of her perfect features in the mirror of the elevator doors and it's now my breath that catches in my throat and just like that, everyone around us disappears.

"Are you enjoying your first day?" I ask. It's not exactly the first words I care to say to her, but desperate times and all. I expect her to turn, so that I can get a close-up view of her beautiful features and I'm disappointed when she doesn't. She nods her head in response, standing tall in her heels. I wait a second, taking her in before continuing.

"The name is Wes, and you are?"

"I know who you are. And my name is Eden. Eden Rhodes." She answers, still not giving me her full attention. I press into her, my body moving on its own accord, as she tells me her name.

Did she just say her name is Eden?

As in the Eden, Noah just paired me with?

How fucking lucky am I?

Eden Rhodes will be my partner for the next six months. While I had zero interests in taking this job seriously, other than to get my parents off my back, the stars couldn't have aligned more perfectly for me.

Eden wasn't the pimpled faced fan that I'd assumed I'd be stuck with, but a sexy as fuck woman who I wanted more than I wanted my next meal. My thoughts wondered back to me eating her pussy, with her baby blue skirt wrapped around her waist as she rides my face and then cock into oblivion. Maybe being forced into this position wasn't such a bad idea after all.

I press my body into her some more and she lets me, but before I could ask her to lunch, the elevator comes to a stop and the doors slide open. Eden strides out of the elevator with confidence and ease, leaving me standing with my lunch invitation hanging off my tongue. My eyes immediately fall to her ass and I can't find it within me to look anywhere else. I'm one-hundred-percent sure that I am the textbook case of a human resources nightmare, but I can't fucking help myself.

She doesn't bother to look back over her shoulder at me, the classic I'm-interested-but-playing-hard-to-get move. She's purposely ignoring me, and I would normally move on to the next available woman, except the hard nipples that strain against her silk blouse tells me that her body isn't agreeing with her mind.

She continues to walk side by side with Faith, the two of them holding a conversation of their own. I pick up my pace, the crowd splitting to let me through, and I don't stop until I'm just behind her. Her body goes stiff, and I know that she's aware that I'm close. Still, she doesn't acknowledge me. I'm inches away from touching her, but I don't. I've been around long enough to know when I need to stop versus go, and although her attitude is telling me to stop, my body as well as hers is telling me to go. But still, I don't.

If it's a challenge that Eden Rhodes wants then, I guess spending eight hours a day in said challenge isn't a bad idea. At least it will keep me busy. I don't know how much fantasy football and several games of solitaire I could play before wanting to jump out of one of these windows.

"As you can see, the seventeenth floor has five administrative assistants for every four associates." I hear Faith say as she continues to walk, and we all follow. I fall to the back of the group once more, giving myself and Eden some space. I hadn't realized how enthralled I was with her, until a few feet separated us. It was as if I was losing a lifeline the further away, I'd gotten from her.

Not good.

My phone buzzes in my pocket and I know it's Stew with his explanation of last Friday's events. Just as I pull my phone from my pocket, I glance at Eden one more time, who slowly looks over her shoulder and at me, holding my gaze for a second before she turns her attention back to Faith.

Challenge excepted sweetheart.