Chapter 6- Wes

It's 7 o'clock on a Monday night, I'm on my second Jack and Coke and I'm fucking bored.

Bored.

Me, bored. I couldn't remember the last time I was bored. Since nothing smart or good happens when I'm bored and because of that I've tried to refrain from boredom.

But, sitting here drinking Coke with my Jack Daniels, in my living room, alone because I have to be up bright and early for my "job" in the morning was unfortunately my new normal. At least for the next six months.

Getting up early in the morning to punch a clock was foreign to me and I couldn't wait for it all to be over.

I lean back in my longue chair with a sigh.

Only one hundred and eighty-two more days to go.

How the fuck was I going to get through another day let alone one hundred and eighty-two days? The thought alone made my mind run, stomach turn, and jaw hurt as I clench my teeth. I take another swallow of my Jack and Coke which was now watered down due to the ice that had melted. Well, quite frankly it had been watered down once I added the coke and ice. Standing from my recliner, I walk towards the kitchen and dump the watered-down drink into the sink and set my glass aside to be cleaned in the morning.

I slide my tie off and toss it onto the counter. I unbutton the first few buttons on my collared shirt as my mind begin to wonder with thoughts of Eden. Learning that I was going to be working with Eden was probably the only good outcome from taking my fathers' deal. Eden was great to look at, and by her excitement she was also eager to learn. Eager to navigate her way to the top with hard work and dedication.

Hard work.

Dedication.

What the fuck did that even mean? I couldn't remember the last time I worked hard, unless you count me fucking my way through Italy one many summers ago. Dedication? Please, I wasn't dedicated to anyone or anything. Mainly because I hadn't needed to be dedicated to anything in a very long time and I didn't want the whole playing an advertising associate bit to be where I'd planned to start the idea of dedicating my time and efforts to something.

As I think back, maybe I was the entitled rich Jackass, or douchebag that Eden called me earlier that day. I chuckle and my dick twitches in my slacks, as I remembered the scowl, she'd given me earlier today.

***

As I step off the elevator and stride towards Benjamin, a local chef my father hired so that the executives, visiting investors, department directors and certain other staff members could enjoy a five-star meal on the house. Benjamin only provided his services on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and today he'd prepared something that I simply could not pass on. I've always been a sucker for a great piece of steak, or any red meat for that matter.

I could feel, what can only be described as a magnetic pull, as I immediately spot Eden sitting with two of the interns I'd recognized from the group. The expression on her face has me curious and I drop my eyes down towards her full lips and begin to read them. She's far away enough for me to not hear her conversation, but she's close enough for me to make out the words: Asshole, rich-jackass, and douche; and I know that she's referring to me since she can't stop staring me.

I'm not bothered by her bluntness; in fact, I encourage it. I could only imagine the type of words that will leave her mouth when I'd gotten the chance to bend her over my desk and fuck her against the cherry wood finish. I'd planned on asking her to join me for lunch, since I knew that none of the food served in the cafeteria would compare to what Benjamin had prepared, but I was interrupted by the women she's currently sitting with.