Twenty-Five

Niall Horan

My dream was getting hazy. I vaguely started to notice sleep was slipping away.

An arm draped itself over my torso and I felt a body curl into mine.

I tensed, out of pure habit or maybe some deeply rooted survival instinct, and turned my body away.

But the arm didn't let go. Gently it traced up my chest and continued to hold me, her body pressed to my back.

My brain started to put the pieces together as I woke up. Kate was in my bed. Kate came in last night looking crazy hot in her tiny shorts with the tiny hearts all over them, and her sleep shirt slipping off her shoulder, and her fuck me eyes.

She climbed in my bed, she held me, she kissed me. Even worse, she confided in me. She trusted me. God knows why she trusts me.

It's so much pressure. There are too many unknowns. She looks at me like she's so happy we're trying this thing and I am constantly thinking about how inadequate I am.

I haven't dated since... I haven't dated in a long time. There's good reason I don't date. Or I guess didn't date. Not for years. Although this is hardly dating.

I rolled back towards her, giving an inch when she deserves a mile. But she sure is patient with me.

Kate's hand that had been on my chest trailed up to my face. She kissed my cheek softly, then by my ear. It wasn't a bad way to wake up.

After a few moments of her being nestled closer, her fingers gently caressing me, she broke the silence.

"Kiss me," she said. She sounded pleading but not desperate.

I turned my face to hers and kissed her lips, conscious of the fact that I need to brush my teeth. I never do the morning after thing. There rarely is a morning after. I go to a girl's place and I'm gone ten minutes after we finish. To sleep peacefully in my own bed. Alone.

Kate didn't seem to mind a thing. She broke the kiss briefly, but I quickly realized it was only to climb on top of me and then intensify it.

Too late I realized how hard I was. After all, it's the morning.

This is not going to be good for my plan to do things the opposite of how we did them before.

Kate noticed right away. How could she not? She's so confident, she just decided to grind her hips against me as she kept kissing me. I wish I could enjoy this all morning.

But then she broke the kiss, and she was moving down my body. It took me a second to realize she was planning on giving me head.

"Stop."

"You don't mean that, do you?" Kate asked, looking up at me from down by my shorts. Her big eyes were killing me.

"I do mean it. I want it, I really do," I started to explain.

"Then take it." Clearly she was frustrated. "You say you want me but it kind of hurts that it doesn't really seem like you mean it."

"We've talked about this," I said, pulling her back up to my face.

"And yet I still don't totally understand what you mean."

"Baby," I tried to soothe. My hand went to hold her face and I ran my thumb over her soft cheek and absentmindedly over her full pink lips. "I want this time to be different. I want you to feel good with me, not shitty like last time."

"Making me come would make me feel good." A blush crept up her chest and onto her face as soon as she said it. She looked like she surprised even herself.