Twenty

Kate Marshall

I stood there, arms wrapped around him, and felt the full weight of the fear of rejection. Despite the fact that his back was to me, I'd never felt so vulnerable.

I repeated my plea. "I want you to stay with me, Niall." My voice was no more confident than before and barely above a whisper.

I felt some of the tension leave his body. He covered my hands with his. For a moment I feared he was going to remove mine from his torso. But he just placed them gently over mine, bringing me some comfort.

Niall's response gave me the confidence to kiss his neck again, and another time, and once more, until he let out a low moan and finally turned to face me in my arms.

His lips were on mine as fast as he had turned. He was kissing me deeply, our moans mingling and growing louder.

I want every bit of closeness that is humanly possible. This is the most intense arousal I've felt in forever. Only Niall can bring me to this point with so little effort. I pressed myself more closely against him and ran my hands up into his hair, dragging my nails teasingly up his neck in the process, before gripping his hair. He groaned with pleasure.

His arms stayed firmly wrapped around my waist, holding me tight. I broke from his lips and began kissing his face, his jaw, his neck. I pushed my hips into him, trying to physically ask for more from him. He still held me tight, but his hands didn't budge. I want them all over me, damn it.

I brought my hands from his hair to his jaw, and continued kissing his sexy pink lips. We were frantic. Well I was frantic and Niall's lips were frantic. Short of taking his hands and placing them on my ass, I don't know what more to do to get him to touch me. Anywhere and everywhere.

I started backing up towards the bed, just a few steps, and Niall followed. I grabbed him by the shirt material covering his chest and pulled him to me a bit aggressively. I felt him smile against my lips before continuing to kiss me.

He's channeling as much passion as I've ever felt into this one kiss. My lips are practically tingling at the intense pressure that's still so tender. But why isn't he taking my clothes off? Why isn't he leading me to the bed? Why is he being cautious?

Niall has never been cautious. Not when I knew him as a kid, not when we started hooking up just for fun. Hell, he went down on me in my parents' kitchen while a party was going on right outside. This isn't like him.

Maybe if I slow down a bit too? I'll admit I'm pretty much escalating it enough for the both of us.

I laid my hands gently on his chest and enjoyed the feeling of his lips playing over mine hungrily.

Maybe I'm onto something, because it wasn't long before his hands finally moved from my waist and gently held my face. The pressure of his fingertips was enticing, and I imagined what it would feel like on my neck, my hips, elsewhere...

The heat between my legs was searing. I need more of him.

I moved my fingers teasingly down his torso to the hem of his shirt and pushed it up his body and off of him. I took in the sight, the hair and the sweat, practically shaking with anticipation. My lips met his collar and slowly worked a couple inches down his chest.

He moaned in appreciation but then pulled my face back up to his lips. He continued kissing me, this time moving us towards the bed as his hands gripped my hips.

The back of my legs hit the mattress and I sat down. Niall followed right behind me, climbing on top of me as I shifted backwards on the bed. I'm loving him finally taking some action here.