Two

Kate Marshall

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'm a total dumbass.

Connor's body heat rolled off him and I was suffocating in it.

I ended up here in his apartment again. I suck.

I was planning on being done. I was going to get my mind off of him. But I can't explain the odd hurt I felt at how quickly Niall moved onto a new target and it sent me right back to Connor.

I just thought maybe Niall really had changed and wanted to start our friendship back up again. But apparently he was just looking for anyone dumb enough to sleep with him.

I might be dumb enough to go back to my ex but I'm not going to fall for Niall's crap.

He's not the same person I knew when we were little. It was never the same once he grew up and I don't know why I thought I could be friends with him again. If he was a jerk back during school, I can only imagine how much of an ass he is now. Fame never improves people.

I gathered up my things as quietly as possible. I had changed from my dress into some comfy clothes last night in about five seconds because I was in such a hurry to see Connor. But then I was pretty tipsy. Now I'm in an even bigger hurry to leave. How ironic.

I stepped into my pants and grabbed my purse. My keys fell out and hit the floor with a clatter.

Fuck.

He groaned as he was pulled from sleep. "Kate, are you leaving?"

"Yeah."

"Stay for breakfast or something." He pulled himself out of bed.

"I probably shouldn't."

"Kate, I've missed you." He walked over to me and held my arms. "Please stay."

I only deliberated for a moment before giving in. "Okay." I cracked a smile and he kissed me. Oh man, I've missed this. Last night was fun but I blamed the alcohol. Right now I'm completely sober and it's feels just as good as when we first started dating.

"How've you been? You look amazing."

I laughed. "This sounds like the conversation we should've had last night."

"You didn't seem in the mood to talk last night," he said with a cocky laugh. I should hate his cockiness but it has always been a turn on for me. My biggest downfall is finding that trait attractive in basically all guys.

"I was drunk," I said as if it were a decent excuse.

"Sure," he said sarcastically.

I was though. I came over and didn't say a word, I just started kissing him, and then I passed out before anything more could happen.

"If you're going to make fun of me, I can go." I grabbed my purse again.

"Kate, baby, I'm kidding." He gripped my arm. "Hey, please stay."

"Fine." It takes literally no convincing from him. Even though we're broken up, I'm not over him, and deep down I'm holding out hope it can be mended.

He pulled me to him again and started kissing me. It didn't even take two seconds for him to start moving me back to his bed.