Eleven

Niall Horan

I heard the creak of my door and the clatter of keys hitting the counter.

"Hey. How're they doing?" Kate called across the living room. I leave the door unlocked for her.

"Tied one all. They're playing like shit. Hey, grab me a beer, will you?"

She brought me one and sat down beside me on the couch.

I looked over at her as she starting focusing on the Derby game on my television. She pulled her hair out of her face and into a ponytail before pressing the bottle to her lips. God everything she does turns me on.

"How was work?" I asked.

"Same as usual. We wrote two more songs today."

"Look at you! Katie is moving on up."

Kate smiled. "Yes I am," she agreed. She still didn't seem as excited as she should be. That beginning stage of my career was when I was most excited. I'd love to have that feeling back.

"No good?"

"No, the songs are fine. I'm just finding my footing." She smiled at me. She's putting up a front.

"You'll get there. You're going to do big things."

She paused a minute. "I don't want to talk about me. How was your day?"

"My day was fucking exhausting," I replied. "We're planning for the tour and rehearsing and writing and doing promo. I'm so over it. I just want the damn tour to start already. I can't have one more conversation about one more minor detail."

"I'm sorry." She put her hand up behind my head, tangling it in my hair. "Can I help?"

"Huh?"

She brought her lips to my ear and trailed them along my skin. "Is there anything I can do to reduce your stress?" Her voice was low and suggestive and fuck it does things to me.

"I don't know if," I started to mumble. But she started kissing my neck below my ear and the little fight I had left me.

Her hand moved down my torso as her lips teased me. I grabbed her waist, pulling her onto my lap, temporarily forgetting about the game.

She was straddling me as I sat up on my couch. Her body was grinding against mine, making me hard despite the multiple layers between us. She kissed my lips eagerly.

We had a pretty good routine going. We've managed to keep our hooking up a secret and we haven't gotten feelings too involved. Yeah, there are times when I'm kissing her and I could just be content for the night. Content to just kiss her lips and enjoy the closeness. But I've never vocalized that and she's never asked for that kind of intimacy so I just push the thoughts out of my head. A lot less risk of getting hurt with what we've got going.

She climbed off of me and moved down to her knees in front of me.

"Let me make your day better." If her actions hadn't already turned me on, her voice would have.

She undid the button on my jeans and started trailing kisses along my lower abs, taking her sweet time.

"Were you saying something?" Kate looked up at me.

"Stop the fucking teasing," I joked. She wants me to beg. Which I won't do.

She took me in her mouth and my head rolled back. Fuck, that's good.

I looked up at the television and was reminded there's a game on, but my focus had shifted.

Her mouth was moving over me, her head bobbing gently. I picked my beer back up and took a swig. This moment literally couldn't be any better. I stretched an arm out on the back of the couch and enjoyed it.