Chapter Six

Ocean's POV:

       "The absolute nerve of Storm to just come walking into class like it's no big deal!" Bridget complains with a pout on her face. "Are moms not supposed to be on their children's side? My feelings should be put above Hilton's feelings! Wouldn't you agree, Oce?"

             I should have found another place to hangout at after school- preferably one that isn't popular in this town. Is the cemetery that popular of a place? Or, maybe, I should have just gone to hangout in a church since I doubt Bridget would think to look there. Plus, churches are a place where negative complaining does not belong.

"Oce, are you even listening to a word I am saying?" Bridget waves her hand in front of my face only to get frustrated. She knocks the French fries out of my hand and narrows her eyes at me.

               "You're picking those up," keeping calm, I point at the fries on the floor.

               "I don't have to pick anything up," she replies with a haughty tone. "That's the beauty of restaurant cleaning staff. Of course, I'm not sure if there was such a thing in Australia or if customers were their own cleanup crew."

              "Australian restaurants aren't that much different than American restaurants. It's called being a decent human being and cleaning up your own mess." I don't even know why I am having this conversation with someone who hasn't worked a day in her life.

"Fine, I will pick up the fries," Bridget rolls her eyes but doesn't make any move to pick them up.

                 "What condition are you going to try and bargain for in order to be a decent person?"

                  "You convince your mom that you aren't happy here in America and try to convince Spencer that he isn't happy either. We both know why you came to America in the first place, and I think it would be easy enough to tell your mom that you have learned your lesson," there's a malicious grin starting to form on her lips. "Yes, that isn't half that bad of a plan. If you and Spencer leave, then Hilton will be heartbroken. But, which brother will hurt her more in absence?"

                  Deciding that I don't want to hear anymore words coming from her mouth, I pick the fries up myself and put them on the tray. Had I known she was going to be this obsessed with Francesca, I would have never agreed to be friends with Bridget. Not to mention, I don't recall ever telling her the real reason we had moved to America in the first place.

                 "I belong here in America just as much as the next person," scooting out of the booth seat and placing my hands on the table, I look her directly in the eyes. "I'm not going to screw things up for my mum or brother just because you don't like us talking to your enemy."

                   "You don't even have dual citizenship, so you aren't even a legal citizen." Bridget doesn't hesitate to argue.

                   "My mum was born here in the United States and left for Australia when she was twenty. Therefore, I am a legal citizen of Australia and the United States."

                  "Fine," folding her arms across her chest and leaning back into the booth, Bridget grumbles unhappily. "But, lets say history decides to repeat itself and you go back to your ways. I'm pretty sure Spencer and Hilton are getting closer and closer to each other with every second that passes."

                 "Is that supposed to bother me?" Why am I even engaging in this never ending conversation still?

"So, you don't have any sort of feelings towards Hilton?" Bridget asks.