Chapter Twenty-One

"Miss. Hilton, how I've missed you so. This class wouldn't be the same without your creative stories," Mrs. O'Hara is sat leaned back in her chair and she makes no mention about my being nearly eighteen minutes late for class.

I walk fully into the room and stop in my tracks when I see Capri sat in my usual spot writing away in her journal. Since when does Capri take any form of creative writing? Not that she is incapable of being creative- look at what she has done to my life since arriving here. I turn to Mrs. O'Hara with a scowl on my face. She looks up at me and then over to my seat.

"Interesting," she says but doesn't do anything about my sister being in my seat.

Turning back around, I briskly walk straight for the desk my sister is occupying and hover over her. She notices me hovering over her and pulls out her AirPod from her right ear. All right, so not off to a great start reaction wise, but I am in conflict with how a person is supposed to react to seeing their traitor of a sibling. The whole seating arrangement ranks at the bottom of my list of reasons to be pissed-off with Capri, but I also do not want her knowing that Spencer just spoiled her plans.

"Hey, Storm!" She gives me a wide smile and shoves her journal in my face. "Thank goodness you're in this class. I really need some feedback on my story, and I'm only comfortable with relatives reading my stories."

Deciding to play along with her friendly attitude, I mimic her wide smile and take the journal out of her hands- already wishing that I had not read past the first word of her story opening.

Elizabeth is walking towards me with an angry look on her face and fire in her eyes. It's not my fault that the school's hottest boy, Caspian O'Malley, can't seem to leave me alone. Not to mention his brother, Phoenix, can't seem to leave me alone either. It's such a shame that Elizabeth can't seem to open her eyes and see that.

'You're the reason for all of my problems,' Elizabeth jabs her gross pointy finger hard into my chest.

'It's not my fault you have anger issues. Your eyes are uglier than brown eyes,' I tell her like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

There is absolutely no way she is making this up. I know I'm not being paranoid when I say this, but this is her version of my life. At least, her internal make-believe version of my life. Placing her journal back on her desk, I sit down backwards in the desk in front of the one I usually sit in and start my subtle questioning.

"Caspian, huh?" I ask her, leaning slightly forward to rest my arms on the desk.

She nods and turns the journal back to her. "It is such a unique name, isn't it?" Picking up her pencil, Capri begins to add onto what she has already written.

"That is such a unique name. I would have never thought of that for a guy," I reply, looking down at my fingers and fiddling with them. In fact, I would not write such a name outside of a dollar store romance novel.

"Being creative is a unique talent that not everyone can master," her eyes flicker up to me and a sly smile is on her lips. "Which is why I am surprised to see you in this class."

          I peer up at her through my eyelashes. "Anyone can be creative," I tell her and reach into the side pocket of my backpack. I pull out the ziplock bag containing two of the chocolate chip cookies Mom had baked and open it. "Cookie?" I ask, tilting the bag towards her

She places her pencil on the desk and puts her fist under her chin. "Isn't deflecting from the initial topic with a new topic a sign of weakness?" She gives me an innocent look, but her question is far from being innocent.