Chapter 14: NYC hospital

(I LOVE this song so much!)

I walked away from the dining room with a big lump in my stomach. I was secretly happy they drugged me so that I didn't have to know what they did.

I looked down and fiddled with the key as I walked to the room Lilly was locked in. When I stood in front of the door I brought the key to the keyhole and unlocked it.

I slowly pushed the door open hearing a muffled voice. I quickly entered the room.

Lilly was sitting on the couch with red eyes. When our eyes met she quickly looked down to her lap.

She was not wearing the same clothes she did the night before but instead, she wore a white plain t-shirt and black shorts.

I slowly walked closer to the couches. All traces of yesterday were gone, not a single thing was out of place.

"How are you?" I carefully asked taking in her appearance. She looked decent with my clothes and messy hair.

She had visible bruises on her arms, legs and neck.

"I am well, thank you. How are you?" She didn't look up as she spoke and her face still made that wired expression.

It was obvious she had been crying before I arrived and I had no idea what to do. I was not used to comforting people. What would I even say?

"I'm also good, thanks." I awkwardly answered. I had no idea of what to say next so I just stood there silent for a moment.

"They're waiting for us in the dining room." I spoke breaking the silence. Lilly nodded slowly and stood up on shaky legs.

Together we walked to the dining room in silence. Before we entered the room I stopped and turned towards Lilly.

"Are you ok?" I asked putting my hand on her shoulder.

"Yes. I am. Thank you for your consideration." She breathed out giving me a smile that I returned.

"You sure?" She nodded her head telling me she was sure.

She looked far from sure. Her hands were shaking and her voice shaky. She was fiddling with her hands and biting her lip anxiously.

I reluctantly removed my hand from her shoulder and opened the door. I let Lilly go in first before I followed closing the door after me.

When we entered all three heads of the guys turned to look at us.

Valentino smiled brightly at Lilly when he saw her.

He quickly motioned for her to come and she reluctantly did as he wished. I carefully walked over to the chair next to Antonio I had been occupying before I left and sat down.

It wasn't until I sat down that I noticed Antonio's grim face. I sent him a questioning look but he ignored me and instead brought his cup of coffee to his lips.

He then slowly sat it down on the table. The look in his eyes told me something was wrong.

"Is everything alright?" I questioned looking at Domenic and Valentino for some sort of clue as to what was going on.

"I have some bad news, Bianca," Antonio started bringing my attention back to him. He hesitated before continuing. "there was an accident."

"An accident? Involving who?" I silently prayed it didn't involve someone I cared about, but alas all our wishes can't come true.

"What kind of accident?" I tried again. My mind was completely blank and I had a hard time thinking.

It must be someone close. Antonio wouldn't act like this if it wasn't.