Chapter 1

Lumine found herself drenched by rain when she opened her eyes after casting the teleportation spell. She was in a forest, kind of intimidating, all alone by herself. But this wasn't scary for her. Her heart beat due to excitement, the pounding joy that she felt from being able to feel and see things that she'd only ever read about.

Rain was a wonderful thing. She felt cold all over, and it felt great. The soil was fluffy and the trees spread far and wide, just as she'd read about. She hurried on the forest path, humming to herself and smiling. She didn't know where she was going, but is that not the best part of being free?

After walking for what felt like a few hours, which was pretty exhausting, she found herself in a village, right near the forest. It was a picturesque sight, a beautiful little village situated near the woods. Cottages huddled next to each other, and people with umbrellas moved on the path. Lumine headed straight for the cottage with the signpost 'Inn' outside it.

A fat man with an awfully shabby attire sat behind a counter, smoke in hand. A black haired boy with aqua blue tips stood in front of him, clad in flowing green robes, like those of a noble's. However, he wore a cap on his head that resembled a bard's. He even possessed a lyre, which he held in his hands.

"Come on! One time won't hurt!" the boy pleaded but the man just waved his hand toward the door. Seeing Lumine at the door, he smiled and strolled up to her. It was her first time talking to a man who was not one of her devotees, but she wasn't nervous at all, like those shy protagonists from novels she'd read.

"Young lady, have you come to stay at this lowly inn? Come in, come in! We have a room open for half the usual price, if you share it with me, of course." he eyed her from top to bottom. She saw his eyes move from her legs to her chest and then her lips before finally pausing at her eyes.

"Disgusting insect. Who do you think you are?" she glared at him. The man trembled slightly under her gaze. Yes, to all those who don't know, the priestess Lumine is usually a person who controls herself, but provoked enough, she loses all sense of reason and smashes everything in sight. To bits.

"I-I'm sorry! Please have the room free of charge!" the man pleaded, pressing his hands together. Well, that was impossible. She'd been insulted too much already. She'd rather sleep in the open, in the rain. She'd prepared to go homeless anyways. She grabbed the wooden stick that lay against the man's desk, and swung it wildly at the wall behind him.

"Next time you harass a woman, that goes through your skull. Remember my curse, if you value your life." she jabbed a finger at him. She always randomly used her saintly power to put all sorts of curses on people, that only gods could remove. Every nation had a god, and she'd teleported herself far away, so this nation was sure to have a god as well. Although, she'd rather that she didn't run into that god.

The man fearfully nodded, and returned to his seat. Lumine rubbed the back of her head in irritation, and smashed the door open. As in, yes, smashed the door to bits.

"M-m-m-my door!" the scared and panicked man ran towards the door and inspected it, tears in his eyes. Lumine walked away into the rain, only to get her shoulder tapped on. She turned to see a familiar person. It was the fancy bard from the inn.

"What do you want, boy?" she asked, putting on her best business smile. Now that she looked at him, his features were quite attractive. Especially his alluring green eyes. Why did God not make her this pretty? Geez,  God, you baka.

"I was wondering if you would like to be accompanied by I, Venti, the wandering bard who carries in his humble hands a few apples, as a sign of peace and friendship." the boy held out a few apples. It had been hours since Lumine had eaten something, and she was ravenous. She gratefully accepted the apples and thanked him. She accepted his offer to travel together. She would have a partner to dump responsibilities on, and wouldn't be alone outside. Seriously, there was nothing better. 

"Cheers to the homeless life!" she punched a fist in the air with a dramatic expression that made Venti giggle.

You can't reach me now, God.

P.S.: Do not try at home. Seriously, don't do it.