Chapter 16

"Cheap and tasty chop suey~" a voice rang across the lively market above the voices of the other people and vendors. Lumine was dazzled by the sight of the market. People covered the market and the aroma of food drifted in the air. Liyue was the city of trade and commerce, and it was reflected in the people. They wore expensive clothes that Lumine bet cost thousands of mora.

"Although Xiao did say he would look for my old friend, we'd better go look for him ourselves. But first, we have to try some Xiguang wine, I've heard its the finest!" Venti exclaimed excitedly. Ah, so this was what the date was about. Lumine hadn't expected more, of course. And finding her brother was priority. Still, she wanted to somehow prolong their date.

"I want to try some food at the Wanmin restaurant." Lumine spoke the name of the first Liyue restaurant that came to her mind. Venti seemed surprised but nodded cheerfully.

"Sure then! Lets head to the Wanmin restaurant and eat, so we lose no further time for the meet." Venti confidently led the way down the streets to a restaurant. A chef with plaited blue hair was cooking at the back, while a muscular man in a chef's attire stood tall in front of the counter.

"Welcome to the Wanmin restaurant! I see you're travelers and you're in luck as today's chef is none other than Miss Xiangling herself! What would you like to order?" the man asked, placing a menu in front of them. The prices were written beside the names of the dishes and Lumine's face paled as soon as she saw the prices. There was no way they could pay for this.

"How about I pay you, gentleman of the Wanmin restaurant, with a song that tells the tale of the land of Inazuma?" Venti brought his fingers to his lyre, ready to sing.

"Well, since you're travelers who have come for the first time, we may as well make it memorable, so, pay for it with a song if you must. Chef Xiangling believes in good food reaching every single person. She'll throw together her special dish for you." the chef spoke. Venti nodded, then stood up from his seat. The people nearby leaned in intently to hear his song.

"Far far away in the land closed off to all for eternity,
Wrested in the depths of the sea lay a serpent, strong and mighty.
People he found, tenants of the deep,
Who wished to come out, but of it did not weep.
The serpent's heart thawed at their sorrow,
Promised thus he did, "You shall live on land on the morrow."
At night he sat, breaking off the mighty pink,
Corals embedded in his back, torn off in a moment's blink.
On the morrow did the people on the surface live,
A mighty world, did the serpent named Orobaxi give.
Even now, in the land of the Raiden Shogun, where ideals of eternity glow forevermore,
Do tales of this god reign the hearts of the people to the core."

Venti finished, pleased with his song. The people clapped, and some even came up to Venti, praising him. The chef laid out the dishes, which were quite spicy, but Lumine found them pretty good.

"You're pretty amazing." Lumine smiled at him.

"Do not praise a bard for his work, no idea do you have of the pride that may lurk." Venti winked at her, before picking up his chopsticks to eat his food.