𝐅 𝐑 𝐈 𝐂 𝐓 𝐈 𝐎 𝐍

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: pogue life😂/slight drug use

It was really hard to look at the people in front of me without a huge smile on my face. Kie was on her surf board trying to push JJ off of his. Pope was telling me about some crime show he thinks I'd like. John B is catching those ginormous waves we keep swerving. The look on his face is one of pure contentment.

"Earth to Harlow, have you been listening to me?" Popes voice rang.

"I have actually you just told me about "True Life Crime" and how you'd think about doing what Dometi Pongo does for a living"

"You were listening?" Pope smiles and my heart melts as he does. Pope is one of those friends that is truly a blessing to be around. He's one of the coolest people I know.

"Of course, pope. I. Always. Listen. Especially. To. You." He laughs "why's that? Harlow"

"You speak facts, daily"

"I do speak facts don't I. I speak facts, like I got a set of racks, waiting for jj to get the packs, tryna finesse the lanes of the system like I smoke crack..."

"Ouuuu my guy got barsssss!"

We laugh as JJ finishes his beat box of the beat from afar.

John B says as he paddles towards us "anyone for a round of brewskiss"

"Hell yeah!" the pogues chime as the beer gets passed to everyone.

‍⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂

After the four rounds of beers I reached my cap but JJ surprised me with a spliff and one more surfing ride.

JJ is passing the blunt as Kie's laugh makes us turn our heads.

"Fuck, she's ..." JJ's voice sang in my ears.

"beautiful, talented and you're supremely in love with her"

"You got me. Pope is in love with her too you know"

"Of course I know"

"You gotta make your move ... ahh"

"Smoke in your eye. I do so what should I do. I took you out here to ask for your help"

"I think a picnic on the beach is nice, tell her it's just a morning surf at about 5 before the sun rises and the rest is history" I smile at JJ my lovestruck best friend.

"How's Luke?" I ask afraid of the answer.

"He's been better this time around but I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. He will start to abuse me again. Just you wait"

I frown at him because I didn't expect his answer. I wish he didn't have to go through that. He stays with Kie if it gets too bad. Sneaking into her room in the middle of the night. Teary eyed. How I know you ask?

Kie. That's how. She tells me things simply because we are the girl best friends of the pogue crew. She confides in me.

Two hours pass then I'm out of the sea and tanning on my towel.

I end up falling asleep.

"Harlow, wake up" John B's voice rings as my eyes slowly flutter open. I can feel the sleep wanting to crawl back up and take me.

"Your phones been ringing non stop + plus why is Rafe Cameron's number on your phone?"

As I look up Kie, Pope, JJ, and John B are all staring at me. Confusion, disgust, contempt, last but not least curiosity. Four people who adore my presence looking at me like I've become a full blown kook.