𝐇 𝐎 𝐌 𝐄 # 6

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

It was my last home, I had suffered a lot in my last home, worse than the Diamonds. My foster mom never fed us and if she did it was either cereal or spam. She'd forget to feed us.

Her son would always try to buy us food when she wasn't around but it never went as planned. If any of us kids stood up to her she'd put us in the closest. Like straight out of Carrie. Minus the holy aspect, I sang to myself most nights in there.

Their cat would keep me company, Zak was never put in the closest. As if she only loved boys, Mrs. Juniper Ashland. She might've had some mental health problems because the amount of pills on her nightstand. From lithium to Xanax. Greg never spoke about it no matter how many times we'd ask. She had four sons, two of them away at college. Two home in school, helping. She sent us to school as well, I loved school, the library was my second home. Even at my "home" I'd escape through my novels. It wasn't until moving in with the Viottos that I felt true unconditional love a parent should give you.

Knowing what I know now I don't regret the path life put me on. I learned to live when we moved away from the rural/suburban lifestyle. Learned love. Confidence, having true friendships. Having a family, which makes me joyous.

Mrs.Ashland wasn't too crazy but when she didn't get her way she'd give us beatings to set us straight. Claiming "it's teaching you the right way to do things. What you did was wrong so I'm helping correct you."

"Really? Mrs. Ashland is in your journal.." Zak is looking over my shoulder "heyyyy I don't peek when you're in full writer mode on your computer or journal. Ass."

"Yeah but you do find time to read it after. Yes or no?"

"Ok but in my defense, don't leave it where I can find it. Open in the kitchen the line blinks "read me. read me", your journal siting on the coffee table wide open, etcetera" 

"So my options are what hide everything. You're lucky you're my sister and I love you"

"I love you too, Zak."

  ₊⋅ ྀ₊⋅ ྀ₊⋅ ྀ₊⋅ ྀ₊⋅ ྀ₊⋅

Rafe was playing with my hair as we drove to the abandoned cabin not to far from the entrance of the cut.

When will you come back into my life?
Out of sight but you're not off my mind
See I don't really care
Now I start to sound like you
Tell me why you're here? (Uh)

I close my eyes relishing the feel of his fingers massaging my head.

"Feels good. doesn't it?"

"Mmm," I nod my head.

We finally stop the cabin looking over the dock with boats parked. "Why'd we come here again?"

"I wanted to show you this cool wall I stumbled upon. That night I got into it with my father, so Topper and Kelce took me out we got super drunk. Landed here."

"Let's go" I grab his hand as we match our way to the cabin.

"Wait," Rafe covers my eyes with his hands. "I'll lead you to the wall" he whispers s his breath hits my neck.