Chapter 5

A bright light  streamed down onto my face waking me up. I open my eyes immediately being blinded. I groan and blink a few times getting used to the light. I looked around to find I'm in  an unfamiliar room. What happened? My eyes landed on a sleeping figure in the corner. 

"Shoto?" This was the moment I realized the bandages going up and down my arms and on my chest.

"Finally you're awake Ms. Todoroki," recovery girl came into my room," I did the best i could to heal the burns, but they were very severe. I recommend taking the day to rest."

I nodded not really listening, the memories of the day before replaying in my head. Is Bakugo okay. I hope Mr. Aizawa is ok. 

"Don't worry young lady everyone made it out alive," She put a reassuring hand on my shoulder," I'll let you and your brother talk and you can leave whenever you want."

She left the room and Shoto came up to the bed," Nice to see Ice Man made it out without a scratch."

He chuckled," Well at least you're okay."

"Did he even come to see if I was okay?" Shoto looked at the ground," I'll take that as a no. Whatever, just get me out of here."

He helped me out of the bed and I stretched my stiff legs. We made out way home in silence. Endeavor probably doesn't even know I was hurt. At least I can move my arms, thanks the Recovery Girl. They should heal quickly enough. 

I pushed open the door and took off my shoes. Endeavor was already by the door giving Shoto a proud look. 

"Well done son," I walked past him as he gave me a stern look," Maybe take some lessons from Shoto to prevent injury."

Of course. He doesn't actually care about what I accomplished today. I'm not surprised anymore the only person he sees is his Shoto. I pushed open the door to my room, dropping my bags and laying on my bed. My thoughts drifting to what happened today

It was to long of a day for me. I sit up looking at my window. I get up and slide it open climbing to the roof. I sit on the roof looking at the sunset feeling the wind brush past me. It's always peaceful here, I lay back looking at the clouds. .

I wonder what we'll be doing tomorrow. Let's hope it's calm. I sigh closing my eyes. The thought of Bakugo coming to mind. I hope Boom boom boy is okay. I don't think the Nomu got to him. 

"Y/n come in and eat before dad puts it away," Natsuo calls from the ground. 

I get up climbing back down to the ground. Looks like we're just having leftovers. I make a small plate if food and head back to my room. I don't feel like being near Endeavor. I slowly fell asleep after eating.

~At school~

I sit down in my usual seat behind Bakugo. I laid my head down sighing. I'm so tired. It was a rough night of sleep. 

"Y/n you okay? Lookin' a little rough there," Kiri asks standing by my desk Mina and Denki coming up behind him. 

"Doing just peachy, shark boy," I give him a pathetic smile.

"Well alright, and thanks for the help at the USJ. It was super manly and looked cool," I give a small laugh at his energetic self," It was also kinda scary. You are so powerful."