Chapter 8

We all filed out of the bus towards the stadium they were holding the sports festival. Nervous energy was raging through my body. I couldn't stop fidgeting. Me and Bakugo have been training hard for the few weeks we had to get ready. I just have to remember what happened our first training session. 

~Flashback~

He growls," Do you just think that you will live under Icy hots shadow forever?"

"Wha-what?" I wasn't expecting that.

"You really think I don't notice you never doing more than Shoto?" He slightly loosens his grip but gets closer to my face," Are you really that scared of what people think?"

"I'm not scared of what people think," I glared at him. I kicked his stomach an he hit the ground," And it is none of your business why I 'live under' Shoto."

~Flashback~

I just have to prove myself. I don't have to hold back. I just have to stop obeying my fathers every need. 

"N/n calm down," Todoroki grabbed my hand giving it a reassuring squeeze," You'll do perfectly fine. We both will."

"Yeah you're right."

"Oh and can I talk to you after this?"

I nod," Hey Y/n you excited for this?" Denki called and I walked over. 

"Sort of. I'm kinda nervous."

"Don't be, you are a very powerful person Y/n," Kiri looped his arm around my shoulder," plus you will have a super manly person backing you up."

"Oh I sure hope you're not referring to yourself, Shark Boy," I laugh and he gasps. 

"So mean y/n," He shakes his head and I laugh more. 

"You know I'm joking. I'm glad you have my back."

We all entered the stadium after that. It was so loud. I didn't think that many people would show up.  Midnight made a big speech about what our first task would be and Bakugo had to anger all the other classes by saying he would win. Typical. We all lined up ready to go in.

 They started the racing and I ran ahead of a lot of them. I was in the lead with Shoto. We came to the first difficulty which was huge ass robots. Wonderful. one tried smashing me but I jumped out of the way shooting a wall of flames up at it. I watched it crumble then set up a wall of flames to prevent people going past. 

"OH What a surprise the Todoroki twins pull ahead of the group and are showing great promise!" I hear present mic comment. 

"DIEEEEEEE!" I hear Bakugo come up behind us. 

I jump out of the way of him. I watched him tackle Shoto and yelled," Trying to kill me Boom Boom boy?"

"More your brother," He yells back while the fight each other. I see the next task ahead. Oh fun a mine field. I shoot a wave of flames across the field setting off the mines. This cleared a path for me and Shoto. 

"Shoto this way," I called to him and sprinted down the path I made. 

"What a smart moved pulled out by Y/n, but this allows her opponents that are beside her a path to," Present Mic yells. 

That's the point. As long as Shoto goes ahead of me I will be fine. I hear someone yell from above me and I see a board flying above us. What the? The board slammed down cause a huge explosion of mines that I couldn't reach. I saw Midoriya fly forward and laughed. This kid is brilliant. 

I jump over the rubble sprinting to the finish right behind Midoriya. I hear feet come up beside me. 

"Move it flames," Bakugo yells trying to get past