Chapter 16

Me and Bakugo left the house at 5:45 to get to the school before anyone else. We sped walked to the nurses office. We walked in together. I glanced around for a second, but looked like she wasn't here. 

I turned and looked at Bakugo," Maybe she's in the teachers lounge."

"Yeah but they're gonna ask questions," He grumbled

"Can just say it was a bad training accident," I said. 

He nodded and we walked down to the teachers lounge. I knocked on the door slowly opening it. Mr. Aizawa, All Might, Present Mic, and, luckily, Recovery Girl were in here. 

"Young Y/n, young Bakugo," All Might stands up," What brings you here this early?"

"Well I needed Recovery Girl to heal my arm," I said glancing at Recovery Girl. 

"And what's wrong with your arm?" Aizawa asks. 

I took my jacket of revealing my arm. Everyone audibly gasped. It was still as black, purple, and blistered as before. 

"My girl what happened?" Recovery girl comes up examining my arm. 

"Just a training accident," I said as I watch her examine it. 

"Well it looks to be a few days old," She pointed out and my stomach dropped," Why not just go to the hospital?"

I wracked my brain for an excuse," Who cares? Just heal her arm," Bakugo yells catching everyone's attention.

"Right yes," Recovery girl says *Smooch*

I watched as my arm went from its purple color to a light pink color," Thank you ma'am."

Me and Bakugo turn to leave but are stopped," Wait. Why did you bring young Bakugo and not your brother? I mean surely he would have wanted to come with you more than you Bakugo."

"Well we were the ones training together," I explained," So Shoto doesn't know."

"I see," All Might says," You may head to class now."

We bowed heading back down the hallways. We stayed quiet until we got back to the classroom. I put my jacket back on as Bakugo opened the door. We were the fist ones here.

I walked ahead of Bakugo sitting on his desk," Thank you for coming with me."

"Whatever," He stood himself in front of me," Why are you sitting on my desk?"

I leaned forward a smirk playing on my face," Cause why not."

He moved closer to me only a few inches away from my face," You just love annoying me, don't you Flames?"

"It's my favorite thing," I said. 

"Well soon that's gonna bite you in the ass," He was slowly moving forward. 

"Is it now Boom boom boy," My voice came out as more of a whisper and my eyes shot to his lips. 

The door slid open and Bakugo moved away from me. I looked over at who came through the door. Shoto. I can see his eyes going between me and Bakugo. 

"What are you two doing?: Shoto asked finally coming into the room. 

"Talking," I said jumping off the table. 

"Uh huh," He said," Well are you ready to talk," He motioned towards the door. 

"Yeah but we can talk in here," I said sitting at my desk. 

"Wait, he knows," Bakugo rolls his eyes. 

"Yes, Icy Hot, I know," He leaned on his desk. 

"Shoto just listen," I said and he focused his attention on me. 

I explained pretty quickly. It's not like there was a lot to explain anyways. He sat there for a second processing what I had said. 

"Okay, so you're staying at Bakugo's house. His whole family know the situation you're in, but promised to keep it quiet unless he tried something again. And they are giving you a place to stay," He revised everything I said," Is that it?"

"Yep," I said. 

"Alright," Shoto went to sit in his seat. 

The room turned into a very uncomfortable silence. Bakugo was glaring at the board and Shoto was looking at his hands. I started fidgeting waiting for more people to come in. It felt like the longest two minutes of my life. Everyone finally came in and I let out a sigh of relief. 

Mina and the boys came over to my desk striking up a conversation. We didn't talk about much. Aizawa cam in not long after that. 

"Today you are starting your internships," Aizawa said and everyone started talking excitedly to one another," Everyone please grab your hero suits and meet me in the front of UA."

~Time skip~

I entered Ryukyu's establishment. It looked like every other business building in the city.  Pro hero Ryukyu herself was the only abnormality in the building. She stood in middle of the room with another girl next to her that I didn't recognize. She looked to be only a little but older than me. With blue hair and a really welcoming smile. I walked up to them with a nervous smile. 

"Good Morning Y/n Todoroki," Ryukyu greeted me by shaking my hand," It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too," I said and I looked over at the other girl

She gripped my hand to," Hi I'm Nejire Hado. Nice to meet you," She had a nice voice to. 

"Alright follow me please," Ryukyu said as she turned towards the elevator," So you'll mainly be helping Nejire with the paperwork, but I will take you out on an occasional watch with me. You don't have a hero's license yet so you can't go fighting villains with me and Nejire just yet."

"That's alright ma'am I think I could use a break from that anyway," I laughed a little as we went up to a higher floor. 

"I can understand that," She chuckled a little," And please call me Ryukyu. Ma'am makes me feel old."

"Yes ma- Ryukyu," I caught myself and this time it was Nejire who laughed. 

"You'll get used to it," She said," Now what was the hero name you chose?"

"Flames," I answered," Ryukyu if you don't mind me asking, why did you choose me to intern with you?"

"Well I saw a lot of potential in you," She explained," You have a very powerful quirk. It can be used for lots of thing and some of them not so good. I want to make sure that you get the right teaching for your kind of power."

I nodded my head as the door opened. We walked out into an office like space. I'm guessing this is where Ryukyu spends most of her time. I stood in front of the desk with Nejire awaiting what she wanted us to do. 

"Now Y/n I will start you off easy today," Ryukyu said," I have a small pile of paperwork that needs to be filed. It's a very simple system that I think you can figure out easily, but if you do have any questions just feel free to ask."

I nodded my head and she handed me a pile of paperwork. She pointed me in the direction of all the files and I went to get started. This will probably be a very long week. 

-----------

Thank you guys for reading. I have had so many different fanfic ideas floating in my head the past few days that I hope I can get to write. But I really need to focus on finishing this first. I hope you liked this chapter and keep reading. 

❤Author-Chan out❤

word count: 1223