02. A NEW ADVENTURE

━━━━━━━━━━━━🏴‍☠️ S T U R M H O N D 🏴‍☠️━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━
🏴‍☠️ S T U R M H O N D 🏴‍☠️
━━━━━━━━━━━━

A week had passed at sea when the Darkling commanded Ivan to wake their hostage from their unnatural slumber. The Grisha kept the boy in the back, shielding him from the door where their leader disappeared a moment ago to get the girl.

"Why do I have the feeling that something bad is going to happen?" Teuta said with a quiet voice.

"Because the only shadow summoner holds the only sun summoner hostage?" Sturmhond asked back. He could feel it, too. "It's only a matter of time until something will happen."

"Ugh, I can't stand this tension any longer – I'm glad when this is over and we can sail back to Novy Zem!" Teuta spotted Ash walking around the deck, checking if everything was going alright. She got down a bit and patted on her thigh. "Come here, love."

The dog immediately responded to her call and rushed over to her, receiving pets when he stopped in front of his favourite person on the ship.

"Why are you calling me?" Sturmhond asked, acting confused. "I'm right next to you."

Teuta exhaled loudly and shook her head. She didn't look over to him, but he saw her holding a smile back. "You're an idiot."

"You keep repeating yourself, my love. Maybe try a new insult every new day? Should keep things more exciting considering we'll be here a while with the Grisha ..." Something moved over at the door. "Or not, looks like the Darkling has planned something."

Ash was told to sit as Teuta stood back up straight to watch what was happening. The Darkling had brought the sun summoner up to the deck.

Alina Starkov.

The whole world knew her name, she was Ravka's hope.

The Darkling made her stop and gestured over to the Grisha on the other side of the deck. They stepped aside and let Alina see the person standing in their middle. When she saw her friend, she wanted to walk over to him, but the Darkling grabbed her and made a gesture to take him away. They both shouted each other's names and tried to get to each other, but two Grisha were holding the boy and the girl was too weak to fight the Darkling off.

Poor Mal. Sturmhond felt the worst for him, he just wanted Alina to be alright and stood no chance fighting along her side against the Darkling. He was a powerless fighter without Grisha powers, the Darkling could kill him easily with a flick of his wrist and the boy would drop dead to the ground, unable to defend himself.

Ivan kept kicking Alina's legs away and the poor girl was falling to the floor again. Teuta shook her head in disgust. "This is unbelievable ..."

Sturmhond sighed. "Makes us look like good people, right?"

Toyla approached from behind, picked the girl up and set her steady on her feet again. Tamar next to him asked if she was alright and Ivan scoffed an unpleasant response over to the twins. The conversation went on and it appeared to go into a direction Ivan didn't want to head, so he used his powers on Tamar. Toyla pulled a sword but the heartrender moved his other hand over to the giant to bring him down to his knees as well.