12. THE SINNERS

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━🏴‍☠️ S T U R M H O N D🏴‍☠️━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
🏴‍☠️ S T U R M H O N D🏴‍☠️
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Nikolai was the first one who noticed steps coming closer to them. The little man stopped at the entrance and looked around the room. "You have made quite a mess. And killed a lot of my loyal subjects."

"Your people killed a lot of ours as well," Nikolai said. "But the killing ends now."

The Buzzard raised his eyebrows. "Oh, how so?"

Teuta made a step forward. "I think you know how, Le Vasseur."

"Not the nickname?" He acted surprised as he rose his hand. A small flame started to grow in his palm. "You make it sound like it's something personal."

"Well, you made it personal with including Cassian in your lines."

The flame rose even higher when the Buzzard's dark eyes found his dead pirate lying next to the door. "So you did get him in the end."

"And we did get you as well."

The Buzzard raised his other arm and another flame rose. Both of them were enough to burn the cave to the ground. "I don't think so, Your Highness."

Nikolai looked to the right. "Jesper, would you do the honours?"

"Of course."

The Zemini aimed at the Buzzard and concentrated on his shot. The Sinner started to laugh. "You want a Durast to kill me. Oh, wait – let him do it, that sounds like fun!"

And Jesper shot. It was a precise shot, which the Buzzard realized very quickly. The flames died in his hands, and he started to breath heavily. The bullet had stopped right in his heart and was expanding. Jesper's eyes were closed as he concentrated on the metal inside the Buzzard's body to do what Kaz had planned all along.

"It's special Grisha metal," Kaz explained while the Buzzard dropped to his knees, clenching his fists at the white fabric of his shirt, trying to stop the bullet from ripping his heart apart. "Jesper can control it without even touching it. The experiments David Kostyk did under King Nikolai are truly a miracle. And you get to experience it first-hand."

"This won't be the end," the Buzzard breathed, knowing he didn't have much time left. "Death won't take me."

"Death doesn't discriminate between the Sinners and the Saints." Nikolai shook his head. "I've seen a few of them die. Death took them in, like it does with everybody. And this time, you won't get a chance to come back."

"I guess that's why I grew a liking in Cassian," the Buzzard spit out some blood. "He reminded me of myself. And you are just like my brother. It's the same story but I can assure you, the last chapter isn't written yet. I might go for now, but I will return, and you will know of it. And you'll feel my revenge just like my brother Emerens will."