01. THE ANGEL AND THE DEMON

━━━━━━━━🏹 T E U T A 🏹━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━
🏹 T E U T A 🏹
━━━━━━━━

Teuta was nervous when she reached the lands of Count Mikkel Olek in Udova. The last time she had seen Nikolai in person had been nearly three years ago and her meeting him wasn't in a personal matter, unfortunately. They wrote to each other every single week since she had left Ravka, keeping the other updated. Sometimes they were business related, he asked her to do a few jobs at sea for him and in return, he looked away when they looted a ship in the ravkan waters.

The letters were not only about business, but there were also personal passages as well. Every time Teuta read how much he missed her and wanted her to come back to Os Alta, she was on the brim to change all her plans and visit him. But she couldn't leave just like that, she had people to look after, and she couldn't allow herself to just go away for a month or two.

Although the issue - why Teuta sailed to Ravka - was serious and needed to get fixed as quickly as possible, she had been glad to take this excuse to go and see the young King. She wondered if he had changed or if he was the same self-centred and kind man, she remembered him to be.

Soldiers already waited for her when she and three women of her crew got down from their horses in front of the huge mansion of Count Olek. "But he only wished to speak with you," one of them said, with a side look to the pirates."„Your guards can stay with the servants and grab a bite to eat."

Teuta nodded over the women. Nikolai wouldn't allow anybody to harm her, she would be safe in the house. Her heart started to beat faster with every step she walked up the stairs and down many corridors – when the soldiers finally stopped, she was afraid her heart would jump out of her chest.

How would he react to seeing her after all those years? Might he suspect a different Teuta than the one she was now? Would she suspect a different version of him? Questions over questions and every single one would be answered within the next few seconds with only one look at him.

The doors opened and Teuta walked in. It was the greeting hall of the count, a long table was in the back where a handsome blond male sat. He raised from his chair when Teuta entered, and she could already see a bright smile on his face as she approached him.

She couldn't pretend not to be happy about seeing him either, an amused smile was on her lips when she stopped a few meters in front of the table and bowed. „Moi Tsar."

"Good day, Commodore." He grinned at her when she rose again. "Or should I say ... Your Grace? You're a Duchess after all."

"I think I would prefer it if you would call me Tea."

"That, I can arrange."

Nikolai gestured to the guards to close the door again and walk around the table. The doors shut and he pulled her into a hug. "It is so good to see you."