09. FORGET THE PAST

━━━━━━━━━━━🏹 T E U T A 🏹━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━
🏹 T E U T A 🏹
━━━━━━━━━━━

Eloise and Daphne were brushing Teuta's hair while the Duchess stared into the mirror of her dresser, watching how Penelope made the signs of a sleepless night go away. And this time it was not because she had been with Nikolai. Teuta had no idea why she had no chance to put her mind to rest at night, it was like she couldn't stop thinking. There was still so much to do, and she wanted to get everything done as soon as possible before leaving Ravka. And then there was Nikolai of course, he kept her up all night as well with their last conversation. The thought of leaving him was present every single second, no matter if it was night or day. Unfortunately, they had no idea how a solution would look like that benefitted them both.

"I can only repeat myself like every day, you look great in your armour, Your Grace." Eloise's voice made Teuta snap out of her thoughts. She focused on herself in the mirror. The two maids had already started to braid her hair neatly and Penelope was nearly done with smoothening out her skin. "You do look amazing in a dress but that's nothing compared the uniform – It's a majestic appearance, Your Grace."

Teuta smiled at her through the mirror before looking at her reflection again. "Thank you for your kind words, Eloise."

It sure felt better having gear on than being strapped into a dress where you weren't able to move at all, but it was nothing compared to some dark pants, a white shirt and a heavy jacket. The three items had been washed and waited for her in the closet, right underneath them were her sailor boots that had been repaired as well – Sturmhond's jacket were with them as well. She couldn't wait to put her old clothes back on, although the ravkan armour was slowly growing on her. The double eagle stared at Teuta, nearly with judging eyes – he must know what she was up to.

Daphne finished braiding one of the smaller braids and secured it with a ribbon before moving on to the next one. It looked like her and Eloise created a more complicated hairstyle than only the braids Teuta saw from the front. "How are your plans coming along, if you don't mind me asking, Your Grace?"

"No, please – I'm happy to talk about it, maybe I can get your opinions on my projects, it might be very helpful." Teuta replied with a bright smile. "The mansion is still under construction, it will still a few more days. When the builders are done, the place will look wonderful – I can't wait to move in. The gardeners have done such an amazing job with the garden and the fields around the property, I wish you could see it. It's just like I remember it when I was little."

"Are you moving in right away?" Daphne asked curious and exchanged a look with Eliose that didn't go unnoticed by Teuta. "Or may we have the pleasure to stay in your company any longer?"

"Unfortunately not, I'll pack my things as soon as I can. There is already so much business going on and I need to do it at the mansion. Working from here is impractical."