03. FJERDAN BOARDERS

━━━━━━━━━━━🏹 T E U T A 🏹━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━
🏹 T E U T A 🏹
━━━━━━━━━━━

Teuta wasn't keen on sailing north towards Fjerda but Nikolai wouldn't have asked her to come if it wouldn't be important. She was nervous how the fronts would look like, she wished they hadn't started a war yet and might still try to talk it out. But all the possible scenarios kept her up at night throughout the journey and one was worse than the other. One time, she dreamed that she would arrive too late and watched Nikolai die on the battlefield with no healer around to rescue the King.

The weather changed when they got closer to Fjerda.

"Something is up," Butch grunted, his eyes were pierced on the horizon where lightning struck the sea. "There's magic in the air, I can feel it." Teuta doubted that, Butch wasn't Grisha. But it sure looked like their power. "Maybe they try to fight the fjerdans back with the weather."

"Whatever it is, we need to be prepared," Teuta turned around and gave the squaller a sign to pick up the speed. The woman nodded and the ship started to move even faster with only a flick of her wrist. The Grisha on the other ships quickly adapted to her rhythm and followed with the same speed. "Is the fleet ready?"

"Yes, Admiral." A sailor to her right said, lowering his telescope. "They are in position, we can help the King as soon as you give the signal."

Teuta's hope about peaceful negotiating were thrown overboard as they approached the scene, her ships drove right into war. While Teuta yelled commands which were repeated from the Captains on the other ships, she tried to look out for Nikolai but the battle field was just too big. Luckily, the ships of Ravka and Fjerda were easy to spot and the ravkan sailors waved them over to them when they noticed the flag.

Teuta could see some of the fjerdans stopping in their motion when they saw that the new fleet arriving wasn't just any – they knew what kind of sails they were. Sturmhond. And it was common knowledge where his loyalty was. The ships turned and flew over the water towards the fjerdan front. Teuta gave the signal to act with full confrontation. And it worked, the fjerdans hadn't expected a backup from Ravka's side and were too overwhelmed to handle Teuta's fleet. They slowly pushed them back to their coast, but the enemies wouldn't just give up, their pride was too big for it, they would fight until a bitter end was coming their way.

"Admiral!" Teuta turned her head when she heard somebody call from afar. A woman on one of the ravkan ships was waving. When she saw that she had Teuta's attention, leaned over the railing, so Teuta could hear her better. She was a squaller, making her words travel through the air over to Teuta. "A message from the front just came in: The King wants you to fall back!"

"What?!" Teuta screamed back and not because she hadn't understand the woman. Fall back? Let them come closer? Was Nikolai out of his mind? They had them in their hand right now, they couldn't just back down now! "Why?"