00. UP IS DOWN

━━━━━━━━━━☠ C A S S I A N ☠━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━
C A S S I A N ☠
━━━━━━━━━━

Cassian didn't care if he would live or die. All he cared about was his revenge on Teuta and Sturmhond. He meant what he had said to them, every single word. They would pay for what they had done to him.

He heard a creaking sound of wood moving and suddenly, his feet were in the air. The hangman had opened the floor and there was nothing left for Cassian to stand on. His body dropped down. He looked down, saw the ground coming closer but the rope around his neck stopped his feet from touching it. A sharp pain stung into his neck when the rope pulled him back up by inches and then, he saw white.

And then, he felt nothing anymore. He noticed that he wasn't hanging in the air anymore, he was standing on his feet on solid ground. Slowly, he raised his head and looked around. White was all around him, the crowd with Sturmhond and Teuta had disappeared, alongside with the hangman and the platform he was dangling from.

He stood in nothing. Where was he? He heard something coming closer. Wings?

"Finally." A male voice said behind him, sounding satisfied. "You have arrived."

Cassian spun around and saw a bird coming his way. It landed some sort of cloud not far from him.

"Took you longer than expected to get here." The bird seemed to smile at Cassian with malicious joy and nodded at his neck. "Shall we get you down from your burden?"

Cassian untied the rope around his neck with quick movements, letting the heavy murder weapon drop to the ground. Then, he blinked a few times, not fully realizing what was happening. "Who are you?"

The bird just chirped knowingly.