10. GRISHA MAGIC

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━🏴‍☠️ S T U R M H O N D 🏴‍☠️━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
🏴‍☠️ S T U R M H O N D 🏴‍☠️
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Nikolai swung around and saw the Buzzard hovering over the ground only by a few inches. He had come to see if they would do as he had asked. "A deal is a deal, Buzzard."

"Good to know you are a man of your word, Your Highness."

"What's down there?" Teuta asked, pointing at the door.

"The place all poor souls want to go to – The lands of the Saints." The Buzzard explained. "That's where they are hiding, among their loyal sheep."

"You tend to open the door," Nikolai completed his thought. "And call upon them, so the war will begin."

The Buzzard nodded. "Simple, isn't it?"

"Not quite." Nikolai watched Teuta from the corner of his left eye but kept his main focus on the man across from him. She had understood that he was trying to buy time. For the others and for them. Moving closer to the ball without getting noticed by the Buzzard was now their goal and to remove it at the right time. "I don't understand why the common folk has to die for you to get your revenge."

"We all have our burden to carry," the man shrugged like the thought of millions of people dying meant nothing to him. "And if this is mine, so be it."

"Why are you so obsessed with the Saints? I don't know what happened but that was centuries ago – Why can't you let go off the past?"

"Some things cannot be forgotten." The Buzzard answered simply. "He needs to pay for what he has done, along with his kind. They all need to die, so the world can be reborn without betrayers."

Nikolai frowned but didn't ask. He? Who is the person that started all of this? "Why not only kill him?"

"Stop right where you are!" The Buzzard pointed at Teuta who had managed to get closer to the ball but there were was still a little distance to cover. "I know what you're doing and I advise you to stop it."

"Well, I can't." The woman answered but stopped. "You dragged us into a war that doesn't concern us."

"This is nothing personal, Teuta." The Buzzard mildly smiled at her. "It's just business."

Now it was her turn to buy time. And they needed it. Badly. "And we stepped in your way just at the right time?"

"Not quite," he admitted. "Cassian has been talking about the both of you since I brought him back. Never seen a man this obsessed. I told him he was going to get his revenge if he will do my bidding."

Teuta raised her eyebrows. "And you are keen to keep your promise?"

The Buzzard grinned at her in malicious joy. "I always do. It was just convenient to you use you to get the ball, caught two flies with one trap. Literally. I would love to continue our chat but I'm afraid I need to end your attempt on buying time." He slowly squeezed one of his hands and Nikolai suddenly felt dizzy and tired. Teuta reached for Nikolai's arm, she must feel her heartbeat slowing down as well. Nikolai's eyelids grew heavier and heavier, and he couldn't fight the unconsciousness that was coming his way. "Like I said, I won't kill you, but I need to make sure you stay out of the way. Sleep well, my dear lovers."