Chapter Two

Song: Running with the Wolves (Wolfwalkers version)- Aurora

A/n: To be honest, I'm just writing this for myself. I'd be surprised if anyone even reads this story. ಥ‿ಥ I'll continue to pretend I'm talking to people in the author's notes, though. Anyway, enough of the pity party. Enjoy chapter two.
♪ \(^ω^\ )

---------------------------------------------

Unknown POV

I track down the scent just past the bushes and fallen tree debris. I lunge through the leaves, letting a low growl slip; as I sniff the air again. I am in front of a large structure that I'm assuming is the backside of this pack's house.

I catch a glimpse of movement in the corner of my eye and snap my head toward it. A young boy's semi-dirty face behind a barred-up window excites my wolf. An overwhelming rush takes over me as I gallop to him. This is my mate. I examine the state he is in and immediately start trying to find a way to get to him. I paw at the bars, feeling the heaviness within the cell. 

"There's no use. I'm locked in here with all the other Omegas." My mate sighed.

My wolf becomes enraged; my eyes begin to redden. What does he mean he's locked up? I snarl.

My mate winces, and my eyes fade back to their natural blue. I lick his hand and disappear to the entrance of the house. 

I shifted back to my human form. Luckily for me, I had tied some clothes to my leg. I hurried to put them on and knocked on the door. A male with golden eyes and dirty blond hair answers the door with a scowl.

"What the hell do you want?" He growled, rubbing his eyes.

"Sorry to disturb you so late, but I would like to speak to your Alpha at the earliest convenience possible," I spoke in my formal Alpha tone.

"How about you come back when the sun is up." The blond male grumbled at me, slamming the door in my face.

I am stunned at the lack of formalness and manners this pack seems to have. Sure I get it. It is like four in the morning but still, where's the hospitality? I scoff, stripping my clothes to tie back on my leg. I shift to my wolf and gallop back to my pack in the buffer zone.

 "Alpha, did you find your mate?" My beta Caz mind links as I appear from behind a tree.

"Yes, but their situation is... complicated."

"What do you mean?"

"He-"

"HE?"

Right now is the first time I was going to have to out myself. The Moon Goddess chooses your mate, but if you have a preference, she may consider it.

"Yes, he," I spoke clearly.

"There must be a mistake, Alpha!" Caz shouts.

"There is no mistake. I am your Alpha, and he will be your Luna." I snap at Caz.

"But, Alpha, you're not gay."

I shoot daggers at him.

"Yes, I am." I pause. "Now cut it out and get some sleep." I trot away to patrol the perimeter as my pack sleeps. I would not be getting any sleep tonight.

I watch the sun come up over the trees. My tail wags excitedly, but I stop myself before anyone can wake up to see it. I am an Alpha! I shouldn't be doing such puppy-like things. My face is hot at the thought of being caught. I turn to look at my pack, and none of them are stirring.