Chapter Twelve

Song: Moondust by James Young

------------------------------------------

Caution: there is a lot of cussing in this chapter so if you don't like that might not want to read. Enjoy my lovelies ~

Vince's POV

This is a fuckin' mess. How do I, a straight man, have a guy as a mate? Of all fuckin' people, it had to be Sam's mate, too. I swear to the moon goddess Mel better be the only one... And what am I going to tell my girlfriend? I shook my head, trying to forget tonight's events. But I couldn't. The way Mel's lips felt on mine was nothing like I had felt before. I know half of the wanting to fuck the absolute shit out of him was because of his heat pheromones and not because of any attraction I had. But goddamn, he's fuckin' cute.

"I need a drink." I rubbed my temples, walking into the basement. I locked my door and flopped onto the bed. Reaching under my bed, I pulled a half-drunk whiskey bottle out. I took a few swigs, letting the alcohol burn my throat. I could still smell Mel on me. I groaned out. "Fuck. Why is his scent so intoxicating?!" I dropped the bottle to the side and put my palms to my face. Why did the moon goddess play this sick joke on me? Why me? I sighed. Well, Mel and I have one thing in common. We were wronged by the same person. I grabbed the whiskey bottle, and with a quick motion, it smashed into the wall, shattering to pieces. "Aremus will pay for all that he has done. Even the things he has done to me." I whispered angrily to myself. Then there was a knock at my door.

"Coming." I pushed myself off my bed and opened the door expecting it to be Mel, but it was not.

"Vinny! You left me at the party all by myself!" Katrina shrieks, sauntering inside my room and making herself at home.

"That was the idea." My wolf huffs, annoyed. I clench my fists. "I'm sorry, babe. I had some work come up that was extremely important." I grit my teeth.

"You're always working! I need attention!"

"I'm the combat commander, and we're about to go to war. Of course, I'm going to be busy, Kat." I rolled my eyes.

"You never want to spend time with me anymore. Do you even still love me?" I look away from her, conflicted about what answer to give her. "Vince, you look at me right now!" 

"I found my mate," I blurted out. I watched her face for a reaction. She backs up and covers her mouth in shock.

"I thought I was your mate?"

"Oh, come on. You can't be that naive. There is nothing here. No spark. Nothing in common. We don't even have a mating mark."

"Fuck you, Vince! I hope your mate fucking dies!" She storms out, crying. 

"Good fuckin' riddance. Fuckin' bitch." My wolf laughs. My wolf feels very strongly for Mel in a protective kind of way. The minute he knew Mel was our mate, Mel was all he wanted to think about. I let a loud sigh out. "Well, that went better than I thought."

Mel's POV

I was still waiting for Vince to come back. I was starting to think he had forgotten about me. I looked at the time on Rory's phone that he left in the bedroom. It was getting late, and it sounded like the party was still going; way over the scheduled time. Everyone was having fun but me. I decided to go to the kitchen to get something to drink and maybe a snack or two. I was rummaging through the fridge, trying to find something. When I came across a bottle filled with a blue-colored liquid. I wasn't sure what it was. The labels had been torn off. Maybe it was some type of juice? I shrugged, taking it and a few others with me back upstairs. I took a sip of the first one. It was sweet and tasted like coconut but it had a slight burn to it when I swallowed. I didn't mind though it was good. I turned the TV on to watch some mindless reality TV garbage that Rory introduced me to. Soon I was on the fourth drink of this coconut stuff... I think and I started feeling a little dizzy. Was the drink making me feel this way or was it my heat again? I heard a knock at the door but I didn't answer.

"Mel?" Vince's low voice came from behind the closed door.

"Vinnnnnnccceee." I giggled and dropped my empty drink on the ground. Luckily it didn't break just rolled under the bed. The door knob turned and Vince made his way inside, shutting the door behind him.

"Mel, what are you doing?" He asked, looking at me lying in bed.

"Oooooh, I waa- I was drank- drinking this juice and watchinggg TV. " I hiccuped.

"Mel, you're not old enough to be drinking alcohol." He stood, hovering above me.

"ALCOHOL?! Th-this s'not alcohol! It's bluuue juicy." I grabbed a full one, holding it up for Vince to see.

"How many have you had?" He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Uuuh si-even?"

"Seven?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yeaaah yeppers!" I chirped.

"Oh lordy." He shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Let me get this shit cleaned up before Sam and Rory come up and blame me for this." Vince took my bottles of juice away from me and threw them in the bathroom trash for the time being. "Let's get you ready for bed, Mel." He said, picking out some pajama pants for me. I nodded my head and waited for him to undress me. "What are you waiting for? Get undressed."

"I neeed help, Daddyy." I reached out with grabby hands.

"Daddy? You kinky fuck. Knock it off, take your clothes off. " Vince commands.

"Buuut Daddyyyy! I can't do i-it myself." I whine.

"Stop calling me that." Vince stood tall not giving in to help me.

"Mphf fine," I grumbled. I swung my feet over the edge of the bed and tried to stand. I tumbled right into Vince and he caught me. "Seee I t-told you I neededdd help." He sighs and begins to unbutton my shirt. I still had some bruises and cuts but nothing as bad as before getting here. I knew he saw them but he didn't say anything. My shirt dropped to the floor. Vince bent down to pull my pants off. I helped by stepping out of them and into the pajamas.

"There. Now get in bed and go to sleep."

"Sto-stay whiff me ti-ll I fall seep?" He nodded and pointed to the bed. I fell onto the bed, dipping down into the covers. Vince took his shirt off, leaving it with mine, and slipped into bed with me. I laid my head on his bare chest, breathing in his scent. "I ammm glad you're my- mine- my mate Vince." 

"Why? I'm not better than Sam and Rory."

"Youu act alllll tough! But youss have a soft spot for meee." I boop his nose.

"Oh yeah? What makes you think that?" He chuckles.

"You're cuddle-linggg whiff me aren't youss?"

"You caught me. You're right." He ran his fingers through my messy hair. "But you should get to sleep, it's almost 2 AM." I nodded my head and drifted off to sleep.