Chapter Eleven

Song: Taste of You by Rezz ft. Dove Cameron

--------------------------------------------

Rory's POV

I sit at a table mingling with other packs. I'm trying to help Sam out and see if they would know of any wolves looking for a pack to join. A scent suddenly distracts me. It was Mel's scent. It hits my nose, and I look in the direction it's coming from. There he is with Caz. Caz must have apologized to Mel already. I watch him lovingly look around the ballroom, probably admiring his hard work. He stops, and Caz bumps into his back. I cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing. Caz points across the room at the bar, and Mel seems to answer him. A tall guy dressed in all black goes walking up to them both. I can't quite make out who it was or if I even knew them. Mel hides behind Caz and drops to the floor. I stood ready to hurry over there if I needed to. The guy talks to Caz, and Caz moves to the side, leaving Mel exposed. Mel jumps to his feet and looks nervous. They speak to one another, and then the man snatches his wrists, yanking him outside.

"HEY!" I yell as I run after them. They didn't seem to hear me, I continued to follow them out into the garden. I decided to hide behind some shrubs and peek over just enough to see the backs of their heads. The guy turns, looking up at the moon, and I can finally see who it is. The moonlight washes over his face, unveiling his chiseled jawline and his flower neck tattoo. The combat commander? What does he want with Mel? 

"Do you feel that electricity right now? While you're holding my wrist?" Mel spoke to the commander. What is he talking about?

"No." The commander says.

"Oh," Mel says then there's a long silence. The commander looks down at Mel, and Mel looks surprised. "I guess this was pointless then. Sorry for wasting your time." Mel hung his head low. The commander dips his head to Mel's neck, and I go still. What. The. Fuck. The commander growls into Mel's neck, and the sweet scent of Mel's pheromones is released into the air. 

"Shit." I curse under my breath, covering my nose. 

"V-Vince! We can't do anything! It's my heat-," Mel pleaded. 

"I'll do damn well as I please to my mate," Vince growled again.

"You feel it too, then?" Mel asked shakily. 

"Yes, you smell fucking delicious, and I hate it." Vince then grips Mel's face and kisses him roughly. I slap my other hand over my mouth. There's no way Vince of all people, is any of our mates?! What's going on?! I slink back inside the ballroom and mind-link Sam.

Rory: "Sam! Sam!"

Sam: "What's wrong, Rory?"

Rory: "I just saw Mel with Vince."

Sam: "Why was he with my combat commander?"

Rory: "I watched them kiss."

Sam: "They kissed?!"

Rory: "Yes."

Sam: "Are you sure it was Vince?"

Rory: "Yes, they're in the garden making out."

Sam: "Why didn't you stop them?!"

Rory: " I can't. Mel released his pheromones."

Sam: "That's. Not. Good. I'll go out there right now."

Rory: " Okay. I'll keep an eye on the party. "

The mind link ended...

Mel's POV