Chapter Eight

Song: Alpha by Little Destroyer

A/N: Hi, I hope you enjoyed the last chapter. It was just a tad bit spicy. Just a taste of what is to come. Please enjoy this next chapter!
--------------------------------

Sam's Pov

I sat down at my office desk to resume my work for the day. I was having a hard time focusing after finding Mel with Rory. I didn't think this would have happened to an Alpha and his mate. More than one mate for an Alpha is unheard of but super common for lower-level pack members. Now Rory technically isn't my mate, but he is a part of our relationship. This means Rory can look after Mel when I can't, so I should be happy... I guess Aremus' letter made my Alpha temper extreme that day. I couldn't believe he would even suggest that I would bring Mel back to him to have the rest of his Omegas.

I slam a fist on the desk at the thought. At this point, I am preparing my warriors for an attack and taking them by force. Usually, I would not be the one to resort to violence, but damnit, Aremus damaged my mate. If you think about it, I am also doing a good thing. I'm trying to save Mel's friends whom he grew up with and shared that space in the basement. But unfortunately, I have an event to plan before we can even think about war. We have an annual ball each year that we hold in the ballroom of the main pack house. It originally was for coming-of-age wolves to find their mates, but now it is more for me to make announcements and introduce new pack members. Although, everyone is still encouraged to seek out their mates at the event if desired. Sabrina is supposed to be helping with the planning. I rub my temples in frustration. Sabrina is my secretary, but she is so excited that another Omega is here now. She has been very distracted trying to be friends with Mel.

"Maybe Sabrina and Mel could plan the event together, and we will just approve whatever they come up with?" My wolf asks. I thought about it for a moment. 

"You know what, that's not a bad idea," I spoke aloud.

--------------------------------

Mel's Pov

"Am I doing it?" I asked while squeezing my eyes shut.

"Uh... No, you just look constipated." Sabrina giggled.

"UGH! Why is this so hard?" I growled. I covered my mouth quickly and Sabrina looked at me in shock.

"You let your growl out! That's something!" Sabrina jumped up and down hyping me up. "Try again!" I tried to let a growl out again but nothing happened.

"Dang it!" I felt my eyes flash. Sabrina becomes still and her eyes widened. "What was that?" I asked hesitantly.

"Your eyes changed colors. They were pink..." Sabrina came over to me a put a hand on my shoulder. " Mel, you know what that means right? " I looked at her confused.

"No... What does it mean? Is it bad?" I asked.

"Well..." Sabrina paused.

"It means your heat will be coming soon. It will be almost physically impossible for either of us to control ourselves." Sam came up behind me making me jump away from Sabrina.

"Shit! You scared me!" I whined, clutching my heart. Sam wrapped his arms around me lovingly.

"I'm sorry my little pup."

"Sammmm!" I whined once more. He knows that makes me get all worked up.

"Sorry, sorry." A smirk slowly appears on his face and he leans down to whisper in my ear."You know I like teasing you. Seeing you get all flustered it's so cute." Sabrina coughs to remind us she's still there and I blush. "Right, I came out here to give you two a task."

"What is it Alpha?" I looked up at Sam and I could have sworn I felt his heart skip a beat when I called him alpha. Yeah, see two can play your teasing game!

"I need you to help plan the ball for this weekend. Whatever you want to do just run it by me first." Sam finishes breaking our embrace. Sabrina almost knocks me off of my feet slamming her body into mine.

" Eeeeeee!!!!! This is going to be so fun Mel!? You and me planning the big ball!!!! Let's get started!" I wave goodbye to Sam as Sabrina hauls me off somewhere so that we can plan. 

--------------------------------

A/N: Sorry this is a short one but I really wanted to get a chapter out today. The next one will be longer. PROMISE! Working on it now! :)