chapter Four

A/n: Hi everyone. I'm trying to update as much as I can, but I'm currently in my last year of college and it's stressful! I barely have any time for myself, but writing is my escape. If you're really enjoying what I have so far, please follow me so you won't miss my updates. Thank you ☺️

Sam's POV

I stormed out of the guest house, running into my pack, who had just arrived.

"Alpha, what's wrong?" Caz asked, jogging up to me. I roughly pulled Caz to the side.

"He fucking hurt my mate. I'm going to murder him!" I pushed Caz out of the way, running to the main packhouse. "Aremus, where the hell are you?!" I thought I felt the house rumble.

"Yes? What did you need?" His face was filled with displease.

"HOW COULD YOU?! YOU VIOLATED HIM!" He smirked, knowing exactly what I was talking about.

"Oh, he seemed to enjoy it with all the moaning he did."

"You mother fu-"

My wolf erupted out of my skin right in the doorway of the house. I lunged at Aremus, tackling him to the ground. My claws dug deep into his shoulders. Aremus' wolf came to the surface as we rolled down the porch stairs. Time seemed to slow as my canines snapped at his neck. All I wanted to do was rip out his throat. My eyes were burning, and my heart was beating so fast. Rage had engulfed me, I was seeing red. Our wolves were biting and barking at one another for some time. Tumbling around on the ground and scratching. Growling and tufts of fur flying in the air.

"HEY! Hey! STOP!" We were pulled apart somehow, and I flew into Caz. He catches my wolf, and I ground myself shifting back to human form.

"Sam, are you hurt?!" I look down, seeing my mate hugging me tight, covering my naked body from being seen.

"I'm fine, pup. Just trying to teach Aremus not to take advantage of people who can't fight back." I glared.

"You little shit! You just wore out your welcome!" Aremus snarled, struggling to get up.

"We will be back for the omegas in the basement with reinforcements." I barked back, flashing my eyes red.

And with that, we left. Continuing to our new pack lands. I was reluctant to leave the omegas, but for now, they would have to hang in there a bit longer. Aremus deserved to get his ass beat. I will not apologize nor take back what I did.

I had Mel ride on the back of my wolf. He is still too weak to transform. In his weakened state, I doubt he has ever transformed. He would need some practice once we reach our new pack lands.

I knew we had quite a ways to go still, and I felt bad for Mel. I'm sure he was tired and hungry.

"We need to mate." My wolf hums inside my head, making sure not to mind-link the pack. I shook my head. Horny bastard.

Mel's POV

"Sam is so soft." My wolf purrs. I just wanna cuddle up against him, forever feeling his warmth... I feel my stomach flip. What... what is this feeling? Ignoring my thoughts, I lace my fingers through his dark fur, giving him scratches once and a while.

We pass through some trees and into a small creek.

"I don't mean to complain, but how much farther?" As soon as those words left my mouth, I realized none of them could answer me. I'm not a part of the pack yet. Sam just shakes his head up and down. My wolf huffs. "Our question wasn't a yes or no question." Hush.

I listen to the splashing of the wolves' paws behind us.

I wish I could feel the water right now.

I close my eyes, breathing in. I see a white wolf running... running through water. The white wolf seems to be ecstatic to be playing out in the open. It stops, wading in the water, and howls in delight. I smile, but I am snapped out of my vision with an abrupt stop.

Sam's ears and nose twitch. I look around, confused. Then, suddenly Sam starts sprinting. I can't see a thing he's so fast. I lean closer to his neck, holding on for dear life. I can feel his heart beating.

Soon we appear in a clearing with the pack following behind. At the edge of the clearing, I see the main pack house and smaller houses scattered within the clearing. I assume the smaller houses are for the mated pairs with families. My old pack had the unmated and pack officials in the main house. I wonder if it will be the same for Sam's pack.

I slide off Sam's back, my feet hitting the ground. I turn, taking in every detail of the houses and breathing in the fresh air. I feel... My stomach growls. I feel hungry. Just as I was about to ask Sam for food, he took hold of my hand, leading me to the pack house. I didn't even hear him transform back to his human form. I take a look at him, forgetting he's naked. I shut my eyes tight, blushing. He chuckles.

"You don't have to be so shy Melody, just remember this is all yours." He whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

Soon we are in a part of the main house that looks to be a private wing for the Alpha. The alpha. I am the alpha's mate. I will be the Luna of his pack. Why is this just now hitting me?

"Are you hungry, baby?" Sam smiles.

"Mhm!" I shake my head.