1. See you tomorrow, Miss Montgomery

Kate's POV

I hate first days. Everyone is sweaty and nervous, and they didn't allow themselves to be who they really are because they are afraid of rejection. First day's suck, and that's why everyone hates first days...unless you're Sofía, my ex, of course.

I hate first days too, don't get me wrong, but I hate this first day specifically for another reason. I'm not afraid of rejection because I already know I'm going to be rejected by everyone, Sofía is going to make sure of that.

And yet, here I am... a thousand kilometers far away from home, waiting for my American cab to come and get me, it was taking so long...

I'm going to be late, so now not only the students are going to hate me, but the teachers too.

There was no going back now tho, I want Sofía back, that's why I am here.

My cab arrived then, cutting my thoughts short and not giving me any more time to think and really process how hard it was going to be to gain Sofía's forgiveness.

The drive was quiet, I mostly stared at the window all the way to the school. I already knew this place because I studied here a few years ago, but it felt as if it had been a whole lifetime ago. Maybe it was because in a sense it was, my whole life has changed so much since then, I used to think of this place as my home...now I feel like I don't belong.

Finally, we arrived at the school, I took a deep breath and put my sunglasses on, then, as if I was really feeling confident, I entered the school as if I owned the place.

Heads started turning in my direction, but not as many as I'd thought it would because half the school was already on their classes, meanwhile, I was late. Amazing way to fit in, I thought.

Did they recognize me? I thought they would, I used to be pretty popular. Maybe the sunglasses are making it difficult for them to realize who I am, all I know is I'm wearing them to make an entrance and a statement. Who else is wearing sunglasses? No one.

As I walked to my first class, I started hearing people whispering my name, finally.  "Is that Kate?", "That's Kate! ", "Is that Sofía's ex?"

Wow, I mean I am Sofía's ex but why can't she be my ex? Huh?

Oh yeah, maybe because everyone loves her and everyone hates me...even if they tolerate me now, they soon won't.

Luckily for me, I remember my way around here, so I don't have to ask anyone for directions, my thick German accent will give me away in a heartbeat. I got to my first class after a few more minutes, I seated on the first row, because sadly those were the only ones available.

I basically interrupted the class introductions to get in, by this point everyone was curious about me. I did the only thing any sane person would do, act as if I were a celebrity trying to pass unnoticed.

"So where were we?" The teacher asked after I sat down. "Oh yes, you were telling me about your vacations, right Michael?" the teacher continued.

Everyone started answering right after Michael told a story about how he saw a dinosaur fossil, bullshit.  Everyone was saying bullshit, I bet all of them didn't do anything besides walking their dogs, they are all just trying to look interesting and cool. I rolled my eyes at them and huffed loudly.

"Excuse me, Miss....?" The teacher called, an old male, probably a good person or a boring person...maybe a little bit of both. 

"I need you to take your sunglasses off " he added once he saw I wasn't going to reply nor introduce myself.