10. Hospital stories

Brianna's POV

"We are going to die...and you..." Sofía said turning to me. "Are going to die in jail" she ended, sighing dramatically.

"I don't know about the dying part, but someone is definitely going to jail" Jennifer butt in.

Sofía stood up from the hospital chair and started pacing around the white room, sighing loudly and dramatically. Meanwhile, Jennifer was seated a few chairs away from me, biting her lip anxiously.

"Why are you so calm about this? I really don't get it" Sofía said, and I rolled my eyes dismissively.

"Maybe because she doesn't have a soul?" Jennifer once again, butt in sarcastically.

"The ride to the hospital were probably the worst 20 minutes of my life" Sofía rambled. "Amazing day for the nurse to get sick, and for you..." she paused, looking at Jennifer intensely "To not bring your car to school" she said in a low tone.

"Well, first of all, I'm not going to apologize for wanting to fight pollution and contamination by taking the bus" Jennifer stated, hands on her hips. "And second, the least you two could do was drive us to the hospital" Jennifer said showing her bubbling up anger. "She attacked Kate after all" she added, signaling me with her hand but never looking at me in the eyes.

They have been arguing about the same over and over again since the doctors took Kate for the X-rays, rambling on and on non-stop. However, Sofía is right about the ride being awkward; it was utterly and pure silence. No one was talking; Kate was in pain, so it was understandable, Sofía and Jennifer were mortified for what they thought happened to Kate, and I wasn't going to be the one getting the conversation going, so the silence was awkward to say the least.

"But you know what's weird?" Sofía said to Jennifer, getting me out of my thoughts. "I think that Kate has Stockholm Syndrome already" she ended, covering her mouth with her hand and wiping obviously false tears, to pretend that saying that last sentence physically hurt her.

I'm in love with the most dramatic person on earth, great.

"Yeah...because that explains why she haven't tried to get her 3 feet underground" Jennifer said without looking at me, even though she was talking about me. "Kate is feisty, I bet she is one of the few people on earth who aren't afraid of Brianna" she added.

"I'm not afraid of Brianna" Sofía quickly interrupted. "Oh my G-d...do I have Stockholm Syndrome?" Sofía asked rhetorically, pretending to be actually worried about it.

I gave her an intense look, I narrowed my eyes at her and crossed my arms. I bet she felt my hard stare because she instantly turned to face me, with an apologetic look on her face.

"I mean I love you...and you haven't kidnaped me or something...you also haven't like...broke my arm, or like hit me or slap me...- I mean, sexy time doesn't count because-"

"Oh my G-d, stop it" Jennifer said cutting Sofía's monologue off, she stood up from her chair and shook her head as if trying to forget what she just heard. "You two need to start paying for my therapist soon" she said mortified, while I just grinned.

"I don't get why you two are so worried, Kate is going to be fine" I said rolling my eyes and inspecting my manicure.

Sofía and Jennifer exchanged a few looks, then Sofía came closer to me and said in a careful yet worried voice "Brianna, I think you're in denial...but an hour ago you just hit a student aka Kate...and we have to get out of the country before they find you, I knew this day would come so I have a few things ready; I know changing our identities might be hard at first but I have a contact-"