8. Curiosity killed the cat

Brianna's POV

"Sofía this is ridiculous" I said in a whisper. "And this is exactly why I'm in charge here" I said motioning between the two of us.

Sofía waved her hands dismissively, before straightening her jacket and motion for me to follow her.

"It's not ridiculous, we're hiding in plain sight...there's plenty of students in the halls and no one is going to think that we're up to something if they see us just chatting next to wherever Kate is" Sofía explained smugly.

I rolled my eyes, when I agreed to this plan of hers, I thought we were actually going to think before act, because that's the way any plan works, but I was so wrong.

"You and me, talking, wondering in the school halls is going to draw attention...is already doing it" I said as we passed a bunch of people, eyeing us with their mouth agape as we did so. "I'm not exactly known for being friendly and chat, with the students" I added as we passed more students and I looked at them trying to smile without looking like a psychopath.

Sofía eyed me then, she bit her lip harshly to stop her laugher of coming. "You're the one drawing attention, with that smile you look like you're going to murder someone" Sofía said, giggling a little.

I opened my mouth widely in shock, I already knew I looked like a possible psychopath, but in this relationship, I'm the one who lovingly says those kinds of things to Sofía.

"Maybe I am going to murder someone" I said in a low tone.

Sofía glanced from the window to the cafeteria, carefully checking if Kate was there but trying to avoid being seen by Nikki or Val because according to Sofía, they will know right away that something is up.

"You said you were completely fine with Kate being here, what happened to 'I'm nOt jEalOus'? You can't kill her babe" Sofía mocked.

"Who said I was talking about her?" I said as I gave Sofía a look, letting her know that she was the one I was talking about.

We were now discretely watching the patio and seeing if Kate was at any of the school benches. And she wasn't, we have already looked to the whole school, and she was nowhere to be seen.

"Brianna, we talked about this, you can't go around trying to murder people, not even with that look you're giving me right now" Sofía said with a mix of seriousness and goofiness.

I rolled my eyes before answering, Sofía took a step towards the parking lot, and I quickly grabbed her arm and started walking back to my classroom. As soon as she started following my lead on her own, I let her go.

"As I was saying, you being in charge doesn't work so we will find out what Kate is planning my way" I said as I walked rapidly towards my classroom.

"Aww, come on! You're always in charge" Sofía said whining and I turned rapidly to look at her with narrowed eyes.

"Not that I mind, not that I mind" Sofía said putting her hands up in surrender and looking between me and the floor while speaking.

Seeing her nervousness, I internally smirked, and stood a little closer to her while whispering "In our last sleepover, you didn't seem to mind I was the one in charge".

She opened her eyes slightly, and then cleared her throat before looking elsewhere but me.

"If you're going to completely ravage me right now, then this plain is a success for me" she said with a charming smile that made me want to kiss her right there.

I smirked at her, I didn't mind that we were now passing a bunch of students, the thought of completely ravaging Sofía was the only thing in my mind.