19. Borrowing book's pages

Jen's POV

Dreadful. Life was dreadful.

When I figured out I wasn't just praising women's beauty, but I was in fact a ranging lesbian, I thought: "Stunning, I don't like men at all. G-d smiled at me today"

But when my first girlfriend broke my heart...oh Lord, that's when I realized that liking girls wasn't all wonders.

And now here I was, falling for yet, another of my students. When I started liking Sofía, I thought that maybe I wasn't that bad; that maybe my morals could be still intact given that when I met her, I didn't know she was my student, and we almost had sex, so after finding out who she was I couldn't just erase that picture from my mind.

So yeah, maybe that encounter messed everything up for my head and my heart. But now I don't have any excuses...I'm sitting in the prettiest cafe on town and I'm feeling sad and angry because Kate had a date yesterday.

Very mature of me.

I was so caught up in imagining Kate that I didn't notice when a tall brunette was walking towards me, not until she took a seat right in front of me.

"Brianna? What are you doing here?" I asked shocked, and immediately started looking around for Sofía because those two are never apart.

"Good evening, Jennifer" Brianna said politely, crossing her legs and sitting as if she were a goddess about to be worshiped.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again, not understanding why she choose to sit here with me.

Brianna eyed me slowly, and she put her hands up in the air in surrender, as if letting me know that she meant no harm.

"I...suppose this is rather strange, given that I wasn't always very polite to you" Brianna said with difficulty. Was this her way of apologizing?

"The truth is, I saw you from across the room and I decided I'd come to say hi" Brianna continued, genuinely smiling at the end...which honestly was kind od scary.

Her smile and her words sounded genuine, but my mind couldn't really believe that Brianna was being nice to me unless she had an ulterior motive...or unless Sofía told her to, that woman is a simp for Sofía.

"Did Sofía put you up to this?" I asked crossing my arms. "Where is she? I- Look, everything is fine between Sofía and I, tell her I'm sorry for behaving like such a baby. If she wants, we can go back to being friends, but I'm not walking away from Kate and I don't care what Sofía says" I ended, my tone serious.

Brianna opened her eyes slightly and smirked at me, I squirmed a little under her gaze. She was giving me her full attention and I could see that she was inspecting my every move, she was processing every word that left my mouth and somehow understanding what I was feeling before I could fully understand it myself.

"She didn't put me up to this, but I'll let her know how you feel about what you just told me" Brianna said, and after a pause she continued. "I noticed that you didn't seem well, and Sofía told me that you didn't show up at school today, so I thought I'd pass by to ask...how are you?" she ended.

If I were to describe this whole encounter with just one word, I couldn't decide with which one to use...it was shocking, alarming, weird, etc.

"I- I don't want to be rude, I really don't...but this it odd" I said sincerely. As much as I wanted to believe her and not make her feel bad about me doubting her intentions, I couldn't wrap my head around this conversation.

"Fair enough" Brianna said under her breath. "I guess I should explain myself furtherly" she said mostly to herself.

"I want to start by apologizing to you" she deadpanned while my eyes almost bugged out of my skull.