20. No more games, and no more running

Kate's POV

After hours of thinking what should I reply to Jen's DM about my date, I ended up just sending a picture of the meal that I just ordered.

"That was close" I mumbled to myself as I drank a sip of wine, I don't look like a minor, so according to the rules of "can I get your ID?", I am a legal adult.

I glanced at my phone and saw that Monty was already typing, so I rapidly locked my phone.

The woman has been texting me nonstop since my "date" began...and truth to be told...I didn't have a date. But in my defense, she was ignoring me after saying some pretty confusing things about her being jealous; so I thought, maybe jealousy can bring her to talk to me again?

And it did, but it was difficult to fake a date when she was being so noisy about it, asking questions and asking for pictures. I was literally in my pajamas until she started asking me for photos of the place, and since I don't give a damn, I'm now in my pajamas but in a fancy place.

"Is there something else we can get you ma'am?" A waiter suddenly asked me.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you" I said politely.

I knew this place was too fancy to just let me in while I was in my pijamas, so I called to make a reservation first, used my acting skills, and put the reservation for "Katherina Voight", because that name opens doors.

"Should we prepare something for your companion?" The waiter asked, signaling the empty seat next to mine.

"That would be-" I started, but my voice got lost as I gazed behind the waiter, and a perfect goddess got into the restaurant.

She was absolutely stunning, she was wearing a gold tight dress that made her skin sparkle at the dim moonlight, her blonde locks falling into her shoulders, making her look like a star that came to light our night.

All of her looked almost holy, she always looked beautiful, but this...she was with no doubt the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

She started talking with the reception, and they didn't take long to let her in; she started walking into the restaurant, looking for someone while I just watched her in awe.

But then, she locked eyes with me. A joyous smile started spreading in both of our faces as she walked rapidly towards me. I stood up as an instinct, and she rushed to meet me, stopping at arms length, suddenly remembering where we were.

"You're gorgeous" I said looking at her ocean eyes.

She smiled timidly and I took the opportunity to tuck a lock of hair behind her ear. She took my hand in hers, intertwining our fingers.

"You make a beautiful couple, I'll come back in a minute" the waiter, who I didn't know was still there, said.

Jen looked at him confusingly, and as if remembering why she was here, she took a step back and let go of my hand. I instantly missed her warmth.

"Why are you dressed like that?" Jen asked, I immediately blushed in embarrassment.

"I- uh...I-" I sutered. "We- I....this-...look I certainly regret not dressing up now" I said looking her up and down for like the fifth time.

"Jessica didn't mind? I'm pretty sure the Jessica I know would mind...or she didn't dress up either?" She asked.

Oh. My. G-d. I forgot I was in a fake date with Jessica right now. Dear G-d, I am asking for your guidance and-

"Earth to Kate" Monty said passing a hand in front of my face. "You've been zooming out a lot since I got here" she joked, which made me even more nervous than what I already was.