2. Cat and dog

Song recommendation: Jukjae - Do you want to walk with me? [PLAY at the 2nd part of the chapter.]

Minji's POV

It's already Sunday, which means it's our day off. I have no other plans today other than meeting up with Soobin at our house to do some clothes stitching. I arrived at our house and surprisingly, Mom's home and she's with Soobin in the garden, talking.

"I'm home." I announced as I slowly approached them.

"Oh, honey you're here," she acknowledged as she turned her head to look at me. "You took too long to come home and that's why I talked to Soobin for a while. I'll go now, have fun." Mom said as she walked towards me and put her hands on my shoulders while facing Soobin.

"Thanks, Mom. Be careful." I said and she went on her way.

I walked to the chair across from Soobin who was eating some bread like it was the only thing that matters to him.

"By the way, I'm going to a famous bread cafe later. Do you want some of the bread and cakes, Soobin?" I turned towards mom, who suddenly came back.

"Oh really? Yes, please!" Soobin answered enthusiastically.

I'm waiting for mom to ask me but she didn't.

"Eomma, what about me? Why aren't you asking me?" I asked before she walked away.

"Why? You don't like bread that much and you said you need to go on a diet, that's why no sweets for you. I'll go now." She answered and went out.

"Wahh," I said in an irritated tone, "I don't even know if I'm her child or you." I clicked my tongue.

Soobin didn't respond and all I heard is his munching as he ate away.

"Yah, look at you devouring those pieces of bread." I said while looking at him enjoying his food.

He didn't say anything. Is he ignoring me?

"Stop glaring. And, what can I do if your Mom likes me more?" He teased and had the audacity to look as if he was enjoying it.

"I hope you'll gain weight and have to go through a strict diet!" I half-shouted before I walked inside the house.

Ever since Soobin started to go here in our house regularly because of our hobby, he became close to my mom and now, it seems like I'm not her child anymore. She totally switched me over Soobin.

I arrived at the basement where our stuff was stored and where the magic happens.

"Yo." I heard a voice and I turned around to see Jihoon in a sewing machine, seeming about to start sewing.

"Yah, when did you arrive?" I asked, startled.

"Hmm before your Mom left." He answered and he started sewing.

Of course, Jihoon wants to come along. I don't know why he's here in the first place, he's been with us for a month and he's still the same. He keeps sewing clothes yet they're.. a mess.

I believe this guy doesn't have any sense of romance and creativity. I remembered that he can't even build a simple Lego. Thank God he decided to be an idol, not an engineer or something related to that.

"I thought you and the others in your team will be playing at the Han river?" I asked as I put my bag on the couch and walked closer to Jihoon.

"We'll go after dinner. Want to come? It'll be fun." He offered.

"What? No." I shook my head, "I'm not that close to your other friends and you're a bunch of guys." I reminded him.

"Lou will be there." Jihoon mentioned.