8. Brave souls

Song recommendation: Gyeong Ree - But I miss you.

Minji's POV

2 days after Noa left for Japan, almost everyone around me changed. Especially Jihoon and Lou. Yoona told me last time that she heard Lou crying every night. She said she wanted to comfort her but she thought Lou needs time to be alone. That's why every time I see her, smiling and acting okay, I feel bad for her.

Jihoon has been quiet. Everyone knows that he's that kind of person that when something is going on, you totally can see it by his behaviour and actions. I had the same thought like Yoona, I think Jihoon needs some time alone. That's why I told Sanha and Bomin not to force him to do something or invite him somewhere if he doesn't want to.

Still, we don't let them feel they're alone. We still act the same but more careful around them because they can always break down anytime if we did or said something that triggers their sadness.

It was already lunch and Haneul was absent because she has some celebration she needed to attend with her family so I'm alone today. Good thing, I ate with Sanha, Bomin, and Jihoon today. After I ate, I went to the library to finish some school works so I can lessen my tasks before I become busy again with training.

After doing a couple of school works, I decided to go to the bench before fifth period began. I went to the store to buy a banana milk and continued my way to the bench. While I'm walking, I was thinking about Lou if should I check on her or not. Moments later, I saw Jihoon sitting alone on one of the benches. I decided to leave him but I heard him calling me.

"Where are you going?" Jihoon asked as he jogged towards me.

I turned around to face him. I feel awkward making eye contact right now.

"Oh, I forgot that I need to do something." I lied while rubbing my nape and laughing awkwardly.

"I know you're lying." He said while looking at the ground which made me taken aback.

Silence.

"I just thought you might need some time alone. That's why I..." Unable to finish my words.

"Don't leave me alone." He said and looked at my face as his eyes become glossy. "I don't want to be alone right now." He added which made my heart beats faster.

~~~~~
Yedam's POV

These past 5 days, I haven't really smile or laugh. It's been a while since I feel this feeling where I don't want to do anything, but the thought to let myself rest, it feels like I'm starting to give up on my dreams. That is why I'm struggling to go on with my daily routine.

Being a student and a trainee at the same time is hard. For my 5 years of living like this, I thought I already adjusted and adapted to this kind of life but the reality hits me ever since what happened to Lou and Noa. I realized that I'm still human, someone that can be broken down by life.

While I'm walking in the hallway, I saw Lou walking ahead of me. I haven't talked to her since the day I punch Noa. Should I talk to her or not? Why am I hesitating? I didn't do anything. Maybe because I punch Noa? This is frustrating.

"Yedam?" A voice woke me up from my thoughts.

"Are you okay?" Jihoon asked, worried.

Our team became quiet ever since Noa left. I can't blame them, Noa is one of the people who's been with us since the beginning. A literal family I could say. Losing that one precious person made a hole in our hearts and it's hard to heal it.

Of course, many people that we closed with left the company because they didn't improved said by YG, that was acceptable. But, what happened to Noa, I know it was his fault but... somehow, I can't accept the fact the he left. Not because he's not a promising skilled idol, he left because of his mistake.

I leaned forward against the bar as I stared at the buildings from the balcony.

"Why'd you took me here?" I asked Jihoon who's beside me, doing the same thing as I am.

"This is where Junkyu and I found Noa when he went missing last week." He answered and I saw a hint of a smile on his lips.

"He said that he thought we don't see him as a friend anymore because of what he did. We tried to assure him that he's wrong. We reassured him that no matter what happened, he's still our friend. Wherever he is." Jihoon added as he mesmerized the memories.

Silence.

"Hyung." I called, trying to assess my question if it's okay to ask. "Do you think we can still meet up with him and hang out?"

"Possibly. Maybe one day, if we debuted and had a concert in Japan. Maybe we could meet him or maybe he'll visit South Korea again. All of that can happen but not now or soon." He answered and looked at me while smiling.

"Hyung, I'm actually struggling if I should talk to Lou now or not yet?" I asked without looking at him.

"Go, talk to her. Why wouldn't you? You didn't do anything to her." Jihoon answered as he slightly raised his voice.

"Because I punched Noa." I answered with a hint of disappointment in my voice.

"Which he deserves." Jihoon added which made me laughed a bit.

"You did that to protect someone you love. That's natural."

"Noa said that we should live our lives happily and take care of each other. While he tries to live his life without guilt." Jihoon added as he looked back at the buildings. "I think we should stop feeling sad about his departure and let's go back on our training. We should debut for Noa."

What Jihoon said made me realized that all these times, I've been wasting my time feeling down and thinking how messed up my life is. I'm almost there, just a little bit push, I can debut already. We've already cried our hearts out, now it's time to stand up and work hard for our future.

"Where are you going?" Jihoon asked as I walked back to the door.

"Hyung." I called as I turned around to face him. "Like you said, let's debut for Noa." I said and put a smile on my face.

Jihoon smiled brightly and went beside me as he put his arm on my shoulder.

"Let's go and pump it up!" Jihoon yelled while raising his hand.