3. New page

Song recommendation: The Boyz - Will be

Minji's POV

It's finally my 3rd monthly evaluation in YG. I must say, my previous company's evaluation was harder compared to YG's. But, even though it's a bit easier for me, the pressure is bigger since I'm now training in one of the big 3.

I'm still adjusting to their system, the training, and especially their style. YG is known for its swag and hip-hop. I don't have any of those. That is why it's a big mystery to me on why they chose me. I'm more suited with Twice and Gfriend's style. I know that I should've chosen JYP back then but, honestly, I love YG the most out of the big 3. That's why I'm here. Getting out of my shell.

"Minji! In here!" I looked for the voice who called for me and saw that it was Yoona. She waved at me so I could see her from the crowd.

"Ask the stylist for your costume and make up, okay?" She said and I nodded.

I quickly asked the stylist and she hurriedly browsed the clothes. I looked around and watched everyone move in a rush, falling silent. I'm not used to this type of environment. Since Source Music is still a small company, there aren't many trainees there that's why we don't feel this kind of rush.

 Since Source Music is still a small company, there aren't many trainees there that's why we don't feel this kind of rush

The stylist gave me a black long sleeve crop top, a black sports bra, jogging pants, and a black converse. I quickly went to the changing room and wore my costume.

Minutes later, we were told to line up outside the room in front of the main studio. We were lining up and I saw the trainee boys on the opposite side of us.

Usually, the boys and girls evaluations were held separately. Why are they here? Are we going to have a joint evaluation?

Later on, the staff let us into the main studio. We went first before the boys. We sat on the right side of the room, facing the mirror. Then, the boys sat in the backside, parallel to the trainers and the CEO.

After the trainers and CEO Hyunsuk arrived, we greeted them and explained to us that since they have reduced a lot of trainees these past few months, they decided to hold only one evaluation to be more convenient since there are fewer trainees now.

While the CEO was talking, I noticed Lou was fidgeting beside me. She was looking at something from afar and I followed her eyes. She's talking to Yedam without words, but they're moving their hands. Are they talking using sign language?

My gaze then fell on Jihoon and I eyed his costume. I was thinking about how he looked cool with those bandanas before he caught me staring at him. He smirked and held his laugh, probably thinking that I'm admiring him again. I mean, I am, but it's not the way he thinks about it. What am I even thinking?

I didn't even noticed that the CEO called us already, our turn first. We went to our position and I realized that I'm facing the boys at the back.

This is awkward.