26. Stone to sand

Lou's POV

The last episode of Treasure box was about to end and they were going to announce the debut members. As soon as Yedam's name showed up on the screen, I cried out of happiness. I cried throughout the whole remaining part of the show until they told us to go out and wait for the vlive to announce the remaining members.

"Jimin." Someone called my name and it was Minji.

"Minji." I said while sniffing. "I hope Jihoon would make it."

We're currently outside the building where the Treasure box is being held.

"I hope so." She said as she sat beside me. "Are you okay?" She asked as she put her hand on my back.

"Yeah, I'm just... very happy for Yedam." I answered as I felt the urge to cry again.

"Yah, YG is dumb if he didn't include Yedam in the final list." Minji said jokingly.

"What about you? Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine, I'm still nervous about the remaining members." She answered. "Jihoon sacrificed and been through a lot of sufferings to get here." She added.

I've seen Jihoon crying so much in the show earlier which made me realized how he suffered to get here.

"Let's just hope for the best." I said, trying to stay optimistic.

~~~~~
I went to the company, my eyes were still puffy because of crying while Minji went back to the new building to train. I was walking in the corridor when someone grabbed my wrist and dragged me away. It was Yedam.

I tried to talk to him but we were running too fast. He led me inside a storage room, he locked the door and hugged me. I'm startled about what's happening until he started crying on my shoulder. I wrapped my hands around him and gently caressed his hair.

"You did great, Yedam. You did great." I comforted him.

He broke the hug and I saw his face, so wet. I slowly wiped his tears as I studied his face.

"I feel so happy yet I feel bad about it." Yedam said while his voice was trembling.

"It's not your fault if others did not make it. You worked yourself up until now to get where you are now. You deserve to be happy for your success." I said and slowly, a smile crawled on his face.

He leaned forward and kissed me. It lasted for a couple of seconds before he breaks it.

"Thank you for being there and supporting until me. Now, I'll take you to my palace when I succeed." He said. "I'll be your prince and you'll be my princess." He added as he pressed his forehead on mine.

"Pfft is that a lyrics from Taylor Swift?" I chuckled.

He's going to be with me till the end. I trust you, Yedam.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I want you to meet my parents." He said out of nowhere.

I noticed that he was still holding me in his arms.

"What?!" I exclaimed. "Yedam, isn't that too early?"

"They'll like you, don't worry. Just be you." He said as he tuck my hair behind my ear.

~~~~~
Song recommendation: Tomorrow by
Together - Love Sight

Yedam's POV

"Yedam, I don't think I can do this." Lou stated.

"You can do this, don't worry. I'm with you. Trust me, I won't leave you." I said, trying to comfort her.