12. Fire in the woods

Song recommendation: Soyou - Don't smile at me

Yedam's POV

We arrived at a small shop that sells cold noodles. We got ourselves several tables because we were too many for one table. All of us ordered already and we chatted as we waited.

Moments later, my eyes automatically looked for Lou. Ever since the incident happened, I've been more protective of her. I just don't want her to experience another traumatic event.

I found Lou exited the shop alone. Where is she going?

"Hyung, I'll go to the restroom for a minute." I said to Hyunsuk as I stood up.

"Yah! There's no restroom around!" Hyunsuk half-shouted and I'm already walking to the door.

"Just.. be quick." He added and I exited the shop.

I looked around and found Lou sitting on a bench right outside of the shop. I slowly walked towards her and she noticed me. She smiled and scooted a little to give me some space to sit.

"Why are you out here?" I asked as I looked around.

There were people walking, mostly adults. They must be on their way home. It's a little bit cooler now but it's still warm. The sun has set and the sky is turning black.

"I just want some peace. There are so many people inside and it's loud." Lou answered.

"Am I disturbing you?" I asked worriedly.

"No, no. It's fine. It feels good that one person noticed that I'm gone." She answered while smiling.

"Yah, how can I not notice you're gone? You're taller than me." I joked to make the atmosphere lighter.

"Yeah, you better catch up." She teased and laughed.

"I think I just dug my own grave." I said while I rub my nape and laughed.

Silence.

"Yedam, thank you for everything." She suddenly spoke and I looked at her.

"About what? Because of Noa hyung?" I asked."You don't have to thank me for that. I just did the right thing."

"Not just that."

"Ever since I started training at YG. You've been there beside me. You're my first friend here in Korea. You're always there to help me, comfort me, and make me happy." She said while she was looking at her hands and fidgeting.

"Even though I rejected you before, you are still there as my friend. I feel guilty for doing that to you but you always say that it's okay and you're fine with it, that's why I just let you do what you want."

"And I want to thank you for not leaving me and loving me. I will never forget you wherever I go." She said and looked at me with a smile. I noticed her eyes were glistening despite the dark.

"Y-Yah, why are talking like you're going somewhere?" I stuttered because I don't like this feeling.

She didn't answer. She sighed and looked up.

"What if suddenly I'm gone. Would you look for me?" She asked.

"Of course!" I answered. "Why are you asking things like that? I don't like it." I asked.

"Nothing. Just deep thoughts." She answered in monotone. "Let's go, maybe our food are already there." She said and stood up.

I grabbed her wrist which made her stop walking. She looked at me in confusion.

"Don't leave me." I said out of fear that she might go somewhere.

"Guys, the noodles are here. Let's eat." Doyoung suddenly appeared at the door and I quickly removed my hand from Lou.

"Y-Yes. We're coming." I answered.

~~~~~
Jihoon's POV

A day has passed after I followed Minji and met Heekyung, we came to the Han river after our practice to play some basketball. Minji's team is here as well, they're just talking while we play.

After the first round, we decided to have a break before we continue. We sat beside the girls and drank our water. I looked at Minji who was talking with Lou beside her. She smiling and laughing like nothing happened.

"Yah, are you okay?" Serim asked which made me snapped out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine." I plainly answered.

"What are you looking at? Oooh, Minji again?" Doyoung teased.

"N-no! I'm just tired." I denied.

"Minji noona! Jihoon hyung was staring at you." Doyoung half-shouted which made all the girls looked at me.

Embarrassed, I excused myself and took a walk to refresh myself. I still can't remove what Heekyung told me the other day.

Flashback

Heekyung and I entered a cafe. After we received our food, we started talking about random stuff.

"How are you by the way? Minji told me that you switched company as well." I asked her after taking a sip from my ice coffee.

"Switch company? Minji told you that?" She asked in lowkey surprise.

"Yeah, that's what she said to me. She said both of you decided to switch companies because your previous company treated you bad." I answered because I'm confused now.

She looks worried and in a state of deep thinking.

"Anyway, why didn't you audition to YG like Minji? I'm surprised you're not with Minji when she auditioned." I asked because I don't want to ask her what she's thinking. I just met her.

"Jihoon, I didn't switch company. I got expelled with Minji." She said in a serious tone.

"What? Wait, why? Minji told me she resigned." I questioned out of shock.

"I think you need to ask that from Minji, not from me. It's just not right." She responded which made me more curious.

"Tell me, please." I plead.

"I'm sorry, Park Jihoon."

"I forgot I need to go somewhere, nice meeting you again." She said and stood up.

Minji, what are you hiding from me? From us?