27. Fate

Song recommendation: Stray Kids - Secret Secret

Minji's POV

A week have passed since the announcement of the remaining members that are included in Treasure 7. Part of me felt relieved and I hate myself for that. I feel so selfish. What Lou said 2 months ago still lingers to me. Love or career?

"Yah! Minji!" Jihoon yelled from afar, snapping me out of my thoughts. "What are you doing? Let's go!" He asked and I quickly catch up on them.

Jihoon, Yoonbin, and I planned to go to Yoonbin's home to watch some movies. He loves movies, especially western movies so they planned that if they didn't make it, they're going to hang out. I wasn't supposed to be in here but Jihoon said hanging out with and Yoonbin is hitting birds with one stone so that's why I'm here. I'm not even close with Yoon bin.

Jihoon and Yoonbin became close ever since they moved in to Team B before Treasure Box began. From what I've seen, he's totally the opposite of Jihoon but they get along very well.

The taxi ride was pretty awkward for me because they were talking about stuff that I don't know, I guess boys stuff? Finally, after 30 minutes that felt like hours, we arrived. Shockingly, Yoonbin's family seems pretty well off.

"Yah, I didn't know you belong to Minji's class." Jihoon said in awe.

"What do you mean?" Yoonbin asked.

"Oh, Minji's family is rich." Jihoon answered, Yoonbin and I exchanged very awkward eye contact.

Why did I even agree to go with them?

We went inside the house and they have maids too. I feel like I'm in the house of one of the business partners of my dad. We climbed up to the 2nd floor where his room is. His room looks like a gamer's room. Complete gamer PC set up, Xbox, switch and other gaming consoles. Then LED light around his room and action figures.

"Yah, your room is much cooler than the whole house." Jihoon said while looking around. Yoonbin chuckled.

"Feel free to look around. I'm just going to my Mom's." Yoonbin stated.

"Oooh pretty confident. Nothing to hide huh?" Jihoon said with a weird face.

"Yah, we're with a girl you know." Yoonbin said before going outside the room.

Yep, Yoonbin doesn't know our relationship. Mutual feelings.

I sat on his bed as Jihoon was looking at the action figures.

"Minji, are you okay? You seem too quiet today." Jihoon asked while busy looking other things.

"I'm fine. I just feel awkward with Yoonbin. I'm not close with him." I answered and awkwardly laughed.

"Ah don't worry. He's a good guy, you're friends with me. I'm sure you'll be friends with him soon." He assured me while smiling genuinely.

I'm friends with him?

Yoonbin came back while holding a tray full of snacks. We helped him as Yoonbin began to set up the projector for the movie marathon. Jihoon chose the movie that we're going to watch, looks like a drama genre.

We sat on the floor with some bean bags behind us while we were eating some snacks. Instead of focusing on the awkward atmosphere, I shifted my focus to the movie. Slowly, I felt Jihoon's hand on mine. I didn't make any obvious actions so Yoonbin wouldn't notice. Now, I realized why Jihoon invited me. To have a lowkey movie date. I felt bad for Yoonbin though for being a third party.

We finished the first movie and Jihoon started browsing the list of movies while Yoonbin is on his phone. Well, this is fun.

"I feel jealous." Yoonbin blurted out.

"About what?" Jihoon asked without stopping looking at the movies.

"Treasure." He answered.

"Ahh. I can't blame you. I can't say that I'm not jealous too." Jihoon said in a monotone.

"What are you going to do now, Hyung?" Yoonbin asked and Jihoon suddenly stopped moving.

He put down the remote and his face softened.

"I actually don't know." He answered.

Silence.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with my life now. I'm already 20 next year, even though I can keep on training. There's a lower possibility for me to debut because of my age." He added.

"Jihoon." I called.

"I'm fine. Don't worry, I'm not crying." Jihoon replied as he turned his head on me while smiling.

"I'm just... sad and disappointed that after all the sufferings I've experienced. I thought YG bringing me back means fate. A fate which leads to the dream that I'm longing for." He said then he sniffed.

"Yah, you said you're not gonna cry." I said, trying to stop him from being too emotional.

"I am not." He denied.

Yoonbin scooted closer to Jihoon and put his arm on his shoulder.

"Hyung, don't think much of the future. As long you can try, there's a chance. Just keep on going." Yoonbin comforted.

"Yah, you said you're not gonna cry." Yoonbin said and Jihoon started crying.

"It's because of you and your words, dumbass." Jihoon said while crying as he jokingly shoved Yoonbin's arm.

I smiled at the view because, despite the failure and what happened to him, he found himself surrounded by the people who love him.

Suddenly, Yoonbin's phone rang and he picked it up. He excused himself and went out of the room. I scooted closer to Jihoon as I caressing his back.

"Yah, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just get too emotional because of Yoonbin. But I'm fine." He said then forced a smile.

"Wait, someone's calling." Jihoon said and took out his phone.

He walked to the corner and I waited for him.

"What?!" Suddenly, I heard Jihoon exclaimed. What happened?

Yoonbin entered the room with an unreadable look on his face. Him and Jihoon look's at each other without saying anything.

"Guys? What happened?" I asked as I slowly walked towards them.

Jihoon suddenly started crying again and Yoonbin hugged him while saying "we did a good job".

"I'm confused? What happened? Someone got hurt?" I asked.

"No." Jihoon said as he broke their hug.

"YG is going to form another debut team along with Treasure." Jihoon said but he started crying again before he finishes his sentence.

"And we're part of it. We're going to debut with the name Magnum." Yoonbin continued.

I suddenly feel my heartbeat rising. Love or career?