22. Treat you better

Jihoon's POV

A week have passed since I got fired at the restaurant. Of course, Mom scolded me about it. I didn't tell her the reason, all I said is that I almost made their house burn. I endure all of those hurtful words and kept my tears in the dark.

Since then, I began to looked for another job other than my part-time in the convenience store. Hopefully, I would find a stable one so that I can quit at the store. I arrived at the convenience store and greeted the previous part-timer before she left.

Of course, working with someone I know that has other motives to me is scary but getting lost in despair without doing anything to make my life better is worse. I just have to endure and avoid his actions towards me until I finish my contract.

I did my usual tasks like handling the cashier, inventory,  and cleaning the store. Until Mr Lim started harassing me again. He intentionally thrust his pelvis on my butt while I'm cleaning the table. I do get angry but at the same time, I also feel pity for myself because this is not where I imagine myself when I'm still a kid.

I went back to the cashier and checked the inventory. I sensed that Mr Lee was walking towards me, I welcomed the tall guy who's wearing a black mask. He looked at me for a couple of seconds. I thought he was going to ask something but he quickly walked away.

Then, Mr Lee grabbed my hand and placed it on his crotch. I quickly pulled back my hand and smiled awkwardly, hoping he would stop since we have a customer. The tall guy came back, holding a full basket. Suddenly, Mr Lee grabbed my butt. I didn't do anything because the customer might notice it.

As I scanned the items that the tall guy's brought, I quickly glanced at my manager's face and he was smiling towards the tall guy. Mr Lee started squeezing my bottom and I'm already trembling, wanting to end this so I stepped up my speed.

I finish scanning everything and the tall guy paid them then left.

"Sir, people might notice you." I said as I take some steps away from him.

He quickly walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist, making our bodies squeezed to each other.

"Then accept my offer." He said but suddenly the door opened and he quickly released me.

It was the tall guy again.

"Can you help me to take this to my car?" He asked.

I looked at Mr Lee's first before I hesitantly went outside the store. I helped him carry some of the foods he bought to a black van. As we get closer, the door of the van slid open revealing a browned hair guy. He's handsome.

"Yah! Soobin Hyung! What took you so long?" The guy in the van shouted.

"Sorry! I met an old friend!" The tall guy shouted back.

So, he's... that's impossible.

I put down the food on the ground where he put what he's carrying too. Later on, 4 boys came out of the van. Bickering about how long the tall guy took before he came back. He removed his hat and mask.

"Who's this, Hyung?" The other boy asked.

"It's been a long time, Jihoon." Soobin said and smiled at me.

Accidentally, a tear escaped from my eye because I saw a familiar face that I never expected to see again.

~~~~~
Song recommendation: Paul Kim - A snowy night

"How are you?" I asked Soobin, breaking the silence.

"Oh, I just got back from L.A." He answered.

We were sitting on a bench while drinking sodas that Soobin bought earlier.