Fourteen

Notes forgotten, two pens misplaced, hair tied messily, everything else just won’t end up right for me. Do you know why?

Because this is the day

July 14.

I have been trying to calm my senses for this day but two days will never be enough. Greg’s advice helped a lot though, but still not enough.

To add more torture, I never replied to his message with the date, time and terminal number. This gave me more reasons to call myself stupid.

Anne and Jenna tried to make me reply to him today but I just can’t. Besides the fact that I may have assumed it all wrong, he didn’t send anything after that. I was like, maybe it’s wrong sent. I have hundreds of other crazy suppositions regarding the message but I still end up choosing to believe that he is coming.

I wanna believe Greg. Maybe Greg was right in his assumptions.

Crazy, I know. But I find it easier to just assume that he is coming rather than to ask him about the message then receive a reply telling that he meant something else, or that he was supposed to send it to someone else. To make it simpler, I don't wanna look like a fool.

I don’t have to pressure myself about this. It is just either he will come or not. If he doesn’t arrive, well then it’s fine. I can just say my final goodbye to him to the wind then go on with my life like nothing happened. But if he arrives... Well, I never really thought about that yet.

My Monday classes seemed longer than usual. The clocks appear to be broken. Is it possible that the time went slowmo? Can someone give me a proper explanation on why I’m feeling like I’ve been sitting in this chair for six days straight?

Constant checking of my phone, several daydreams, who can tell how affected I am? I have been called three times in class for staring at nothing, obviously not listening to the lessons.

I thanked God when the last class finally ended. Now, all we have to do is to go home, change clothes, eat outside then go to the airport and see what happens. Sounds simple eh?

I went straight to Greg's car and impatiently wait for him to open it.

"Can't wait? "

" Can't manage to click that button to open this door soon enough?"

"Anne, Jenna! Look who's mocking!"

I just rolled my eyes and get into the car. The least thing I need is a delay.

Greg has his clothes in his car already so he can just change clothes in our place. They have to wait for me though. I have to take a bath again and choose what to wear. I have been choosing for two days now but my old clothes and the new clothes we bought yesterday just seem lacking of something.

We are surprised that Greg is into this madness even after our talk last Saturday night. It’s a shocker when he volunteered to give us a ride, more so, to just spend time talking about this kind of thing. I am relieved that Greg really got my point about us being friends. I just hope that one of these days, he will be talking about a decent girl and how he likes her.

I have to thank him forever for this. It means a lot. I also have to say sorry for my unusual reactions just because I'm pressured with Efrain.

Without further ado, I jumped out of the car and head straight to my room. For the first time, I didn’t spare time to play my One Direction songs. Damn, am I this thrilled? I guess I made the wrong choice of not playing any song cos I’m stuck in front of a mirror for almost half an hour with no choice being made yet.